Laundry Room -info

RangerPooh

DIS Veteran
I’m sitting here at Hotel Cheyenne and thought I’d post laundry info for others.

Equipment: 2 washers, 2 dryers

Cost: 4 Euros to wash, 2.20 Euros to dry. Tokens are to be purchased at the hotel shop in the Registration building. You can pay by credit card. You really are given tokens to use in the machine.

Detergent: if you didn’t bring you could purchase at the store. I’m not sure of the cost as I brought my own.

Length of time: this seems to vary on each machine as they are all different models.
- Washing: one was 45 minutes, the other over an hour. Both were on the ‘colors’ setting.
- Drying: this varies too. One was 35 minutes, the other 45 minutes.

Location: in the ‘Laundry’ building between buildings 15 and 17.

How long of a walk?
- I walk at a brisk pace, so it took less than 11 minutes for me to make it from the back door (lakeside) of Newport Bay Club to the Hotel Cheyenne.

- Sequoia Lodge- at my pace around 9 minutes from the back door (lake side).

How to pass the time while you wait?
- I set the timer on my phone and then spent the next 50 minutes chilling at Starbucks. Since the second washer was now available to use and my first load was almost done I decided to hang out in the available chair in the laundry room and read.

Issues: only that the person using the other machine was in no hurry to remove their clothes. After 30 minutes of their clothing sitting in the finished dryer and not being removed, and my wet clothes finished in the washer, I removed their clothing. It’s like college days, promptly remove your clothing or someone else will.

Building:

Machines:

thanks for this. Most of us Europeans who visit dont use the laundry facilities, so its great to have up to date info and photos.

Thanks, this is helpful. DLP will be the end of almost two weeks in Europe for us, so this could be handy.

Thanks, this is helpful. DLP will be the end of almost two weeks in Europe for us, so this could be handy.

We’re on a three week trip to France and England, so this was our opportunity to do laundry. We’re half way through the trip and I told the family that I’m washing socks, underwear, only tops and bottoms that they’ll actually wear. Loaded up my husbands 80L backpack and off I went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter