• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Laundry at HRH?

Figment78

Mouseketeer
Is there washer and dryers at the Hard Rock? The website only says "laundry services available" which leads me to believe there are not washers...

They had washers/dryers when we were there in Feb. I don't remember but I think there were 2 of each in the room.

There are small laundry rooms on the second and fourth floors. There were two small washers and dryers in each laundry room. I didn't have a problem getting them when I needed them, but there was a line by the time I was done later in the afternoon.

Was just there last week; and I confirm that they were on the 2nd and 4th floors only. There are 2 apartment-type washer dryer sets in both rooms.

I got up early one morning (5:45am) and walked down (it was a hike for me!) to make sure the machines were available. There was no one in site, so I walked back to the room to get my stuff. I got back to the 2nd floor room and someone had put stuff in one of the washers (i did need 2). So I put my stuff in one (mumbling something under my breath I think)...and thought I'd just have to wait. Then a woman came back in the room (holding a basket of dirty laundry) and looked at me..and I think she must have mumbled something under her breath too ;) . Then she said that I could use the other one on the 4th floor...so I did. The woman had come from the Portifino Bay hotel at 6am to do her Laundry at the Hard Rock (guess they don't have facilities there!).

I would imagine that you have to get up pretty early to do your laundry...or do it Late at night to get a free washer.

I think the cost was $2 to wash and the same to dry. We stayed at three different places on our trip, though, so I may be confused. The capacity is small (took three loads to wash and dry two loads worth of clothes) and I had to use a second dry cycle to get the heavier items dry. I would have just hung the damp clothes in the room to finish drying, but we were leaving the next day. I would try to avoid using the laundry facilities at the HRH if at all possible. I think that I found empty washers right after lunch and was able to do all three loads at the same time, but had to go to both laundry rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter