Latest you can get off the ship?

Renting a car is absolutely the best way to go. Our cruise was last June, but we did a one way rental of a minivan from Orlando to Port Canaveral for $69 (there were 7 of us) and dropped it off at the Radisson where we stayed Friday night. Then on the the day of disembarkation we were off the ship by 9:00am, did a one-way rental again for $74 (don't ask me why the price difference!) and stopped at the Kennedy Space Center for 4 hours. We were also flying SW and had a 5:00pm flight. Could not have been easier, no problems with directions, gas or anything.

Just realized I forgot to mention it is Avis that has one way rentals from Orlando airport to Radisson. :cool:

Thanks for the information about a day room at the Hilton MCO. Our flight does not leave until 4:30, so I see our choices are 1) to rent a car and return to Downtown Disney; 2) take a shuttle to MCO and rent a day room; or 3) remain at Port Canaveral for a few extra hours. Without renting a car, is remaining at Port Canaveral with a 4 and 6 year old a feasible option? Is there anything for them to do there for 4-5 hours? Any suggestions welcomed.::Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Hi DonnyFan.

Are there any places to visit/shop on the route between the port and Orlando airport?

One stop I highly recommend is The Lone Cabbage Fish Camp. They offer intriguing airboats rides and the guide we had was both knowledgable and entertaining. The Fish Camp also has a restaurant with the usual fare as well as gator burgers, turtle soup and the like. You can also do some fishing...

On our first cruise, I ordered two special baskets for DM and DS9 from The Perfect Gift. Will do the same for our upcoming cruise. I am toying with the idea of stopping off at Shirley's establishment at the completion of the cruise just to say "Hi" and take a look around...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then on the the day of disembarkation we were off the ship by 9:00am, did a one-way rental again for $74
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This may be a silly question, but is there a shuttle at the port to Avis/Radisson?

NYMOM.....Yes, there is complimentary Avis/Radisson shuttle that you would pick up in the parking lot at the terminal. Just look for the large white tent in the farthest parking lot. The shuttles stop and pick up people there. Budget also has a complimentary shuttle to their location.

buckaroo....we did that on two occassions...we just stopped in to say hello!! She was very gracious and welcoming!! She loves when the DIS'ers stop in to say hello!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter