Latest Resale Restriction Buzz?

The RIV POS allows Disney to change their mind on restrictions and create different rules for different members, including allowing some members to set up some payment system to qualify resale points.

So, it could be something offered to Riv resale buyers to allow them to use points outside of RIV. Again, this is something they could do and IMO, it was a way to cover all bases down the road to do whatever they want for resale owners.
What about Legacy 14 resale resorts paying one time fee to stay at Riviera?

What about Legacy 14 resale resorts paying one time fee to stay at Riviera?

Anything is possible. They can reverse coarse on those restrictions as well. They were all part of the same document and it says they can change or amend any of those provisions moving forward,

In reading it again yesterday, it does mention that they could even allow qualified points if someone buys directly from Disney, So, I could see them allowing a RIV owner buying resale to buy an equal number of direct points, and now allowing those resale points to be used everywhere.

I can see the same being offered to L14 resale too, but can’t see it being a great deal for them as those points have trading power already, just not to new resorts,

I think they basically covered all bases and can monitor and adjust to meet needs that increase direct sales,

The numbers were just posted on DVC sales for RIV in December and they were terrific. This despite early negative press regarding the Murphy Bed fiasco. So, if there was any hope Disney would roll back the resale restrictions due to slow sales--Forget about it.

The numbers I saw in a post on here as it beating Copper Creek at the same time frames by at least 30,000 points sold. People are eating Riviera up, I can't give my opinions why as I am biased by being an owner

The numbers I saw in a post on here as it beating Copper Creek at the same time frames by at least 30,000 points sold. People are eating Riviera up, I can't give my opinions why as I am biased by being an owner

The resale restrictions were never going anywhere and the doom and gloom of Riviera has been greatly exaggerated. I imagine now the resort is open, we will see numbers like this more consistently.

Riviera hits a sweet spot in the market for those who are wanting a higher end option. It will attract these buyers.

The points per night are crazy. I have a preferred studio booked for late April, it's 160 points for 6 nights. I want to try it out, check it off the list (still missing CC and SSR at WDW). I could have got Boardwalk boardwalk view, for 111 points. So 44% more.

The points per night are crazy. I have a preferred studio booked for late April, it's 160 points for 6 nights. I want to try it out, check it off the list (still missing CC and SSR at WDW). I could have got Boardwalk boardwalk view, for 111 points. So 44% more.

PV rooms will be sticker shock for sure, unless someone typically stays at VGF, Poly or BLT TPV.

I just got my March trip switched and spending 51% more for my 1 bedroom PV room, But for me, think it will be well worth it!❤

Last edited:

The numbers were just posted on DVC sales for RIV in December and they were terrific. This despite early negative press regarding the Murphy Bed fiasco. So, if there was any hope Disney would roll back the resale restrictions due to slow sales--Forget about it.

Where did you see those? How does it compare to past Decembers as I would suspect December is one of their biggest months?

Found one they are up 11% over December last year. Wonder what they are attributing the bump to?

Also interesting just in general:
https://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program/financial/news-34867/4677-direct-sales-2010-decade-recap

I think everyone has to let go of the old “pricing”. BWV and BCV were very underpriced because DVC was a still a relatively new product. CCV is only priced where it is points-wise because it had to match BRV. VGF was the first of the “new wave” of the high per night costs. I think Reflections will be just as high if not higher than Riviera. They may use the fact that it’s an MK resort to justify the pricing. Personally, that resort doesn’t really interest me, but others cannot wait for it to go on sale. They’ll pay the high price per point and the higher points per night like I did for a Riviera. Maybe the point charts will be a little more “friendly” because they’ll up the price per point so much. I doubt it, but it could happen. Who knows?!? They’ll get you one way or another!

Last edited:
Where did you see those? How does it compare to past Decembers as I would suspect December is one of their biggest months?

Found one they are up 11% over December last year. Wonder what they are attributing the bump to?

Also interesting just in general:
https://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program/financial/news-34867/4677-direct-sales-2010-decade-recap

The bump is due to strong sales at RIV Sold over 120, 000 points. Best December sales since 2011.

Resort opened and people got a chance to experience it first hand.

I think everyone has to let go of the old “pricing”. BWV and BCV were very underpriced because DVC was a still a relatively new product. CCV is only priced where it is points-wise because it had to match BRV. VGF was the first of the “new wave” of the high per night costs. I think Reflections will be just as high of not higher than Riviera. They may use the fact that it’s an MK resort to justify the pricing. Personally, that resort doesn’t really interest me, but others cannot wait for it to go on sale. They’ll pay the high price per point and the higher points per night like I did for a Riviera. Maybe the point charts will be a little more “friendly” because they’ll up the price per point so much. I doubt it, but it could happen. Who knows?!? They’ll get you one way or another!

I think the points charts are the way of the future and any reinventing of the Epcot resorts will be in line with the VgFs and RiVs.

Personally, I think the 40% off to stay at RIV promotion was a great way to lure new buyers. What a great way to say to people, “ Hey, if you buy DVC, your cost to stay here will be even cheaper than this 40% discount, and since points can’t change very much, in 10 years, you’ll save even more!”

The bump is due to strong sales at RIV Sold over 120, 000 points. Best December sales since 2011.

Resort opened and people got a chance to experience it first hand.

Correct but they have had new resorts in the past.

My question is more specific to what they are actually attributing the growth to. Luxury of the resort, positive "media" reviews of the resort, sales promotions, impending price increase, attendance increase to the parks, future growth of parks, skyliner, untapped theming/style?

My question is more specific to what they are actually attributing the growth to. Luxury of the resort, positive "media" reviews of the resort, sales promotions, impending price increase, attendance increase to the parks, future growth of parks, skyliner, untapped theming/style?

Good question! My guess is all of the above, but especially in relation to what this resort has that are unique to it,

Like I posted, I think the 40% off promotion was a great way to get people in, experience it at a discounted price, and feel what owning could be,

What drew us in and made us buy was the fact my wife and I saw the models on our honeymoon back in November which caused us to know that is where we want our family to grow up in. The pools made my wife think of her grandparents who could walk into the zero entry and she loved the play area for when we have kids. I love the skyliner right there and how quick it is to Epcot which is becoming our favorite park. I'll only stay at the Riviera for F&W festival now and as well as the easy access out of the park

PV rooms will be sticker shock for sure, unless someone typically stays at VGF, Poly or BLT TPV.

I just got my March trip switched and spending 51% more for my 1 bedroom PV room, But for me, think it will be well worth it!❤

I have to update that I did my calculations wrong. I am only spending 43% more to stay at RIV, over the others.

But, I just got BWV SV studio for my arrival night, so I don’t even need to suffer through staying at AKV and got 5 points back!🤣🤣🤣🤣

I have to update that I did my calculations wrong. I am only spending 43% more to stay at RIV, over the others.

But, I just got BWV SV studio for my arrival night, so I don’t even need to suffer through staying at AKV and got 5 points back!🤣🤣🤣🤣
So I'm curious. When you book a Stay through DVC. How easy is it to change your hotel? Do you need to cancel your current reservation then pray and hope its there 5 mins later when you rebook? Or do you go into your current reservation and modify it like a non DVC reservation, or are you calling up and having disney do it over the phone?

So I'm curious. When you book a Stay through DVC. How easy is it to change your hotel? Do you need to cancel your current reservation then pray and hope its there 5 mins later when you rebook? Or do you go into your current reservation and modify it like a non DVC reservation, or are you calling up and having disney do it over the phone?
It's easy to do online. You can go through and modify your reservation and it holds your existing reservation until you finish up booking the new room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter