late Oct/early Nov/confused!

Jill Schwartz

Mouseketeer
Hi all-
We took our first family Disney trip in Dec. 2002. We were there the several days prior to Xmas and left Xmas day. We loved it and want to go back....except WE WANT TO AVOID CROWDS this time! I'm finding conflicting info...
We arrive late at night Friday Oct. 29, the beg. of Halloween weekend and leave the evening of Wed. Nov 3. My kids love animimals so on our first day we are buying them a day at Discovery Cove in lieu of bday parties this year. I figured this would be the best day b/c I'm guessing the the Disney parks to be the most crowded that Saturday.
We are doing Animal Kingdom our last day, Wed Nov b/c we will have the least time.
I don't know which park would be the LEAST CROWDED on our Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. My 2003 Unofficial Guide says to try Epcot on Sundays in Oct. schools are in session b/c it gets so many local field trips during the week? Is this true? Seems to me Epcot has the most to see and I don't want to be bogged down by the most crowds.
How will the Halloween party at MK and the Wine Festival at Epcot effect crowds on particular days or in general? And what in the World are "Jersey Days"?? I thought I had picked a slow time but with all those activities, I'm second guessing myself. Oh well, already bought 5 plane tickets!
I really appreciate any input from anybody that has been to Disney at this time of the year.
Jill

Don't know if this will help. We've gone the last week of October for several years and have found weekends to be very crowded in EPCOT due to the Food & Wine festival. Much easier to maneuver during the week.

You might want to try MGM on Sunday? Good luck with your planning!

Cyn

I second the advice of the previous poster. I always try to avoid MK and AK on the weekends. Next I usually do Epcot on Sunday--w/ the exception of when we went during the F&W fest (I read a lot of locals go on the weekends). Anyhow, MGM is our 2nd choice for weekend parks. So, I would try that one out-- remember if youhave hoppers and 1 park is too busy, try another!!

Hi Jill,

Thanks for reading the Unofficial Guide. You might be interested in the new Epcot touring plans in the back of the 2004 edition. They'll save an extra hour of standing in line during the busier times of the year.

Because of its size, I think Epcot handles crowds better than any other park. If you wanted to head there on, say, Friday or Saturday, I think you'd be fine.

Thanks again for reading the Guide. If there's anything else we can help with for your trip, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Len Testa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter