Late night ME to Kidani

akirk18

Earning My Ears
My family is staying at Kidani mid July. Our flight lands around Midnight. How packed do you think the ME will be at that time? I am wondering if it would be better to just get an uber to get the hotel as fast as possible or if the bus will not have very many guests on it and get us to our hotel in a reasonable amount of time.

We have two toddlers if that matters.

I've never experienced a packed ME early in the morning or late at night. I would assume that late that your time to the resort would be pretty expedient.

We arrived around 9:30 and took ME to Kidani in September. There was no wait for our bus. It was only 1/2 full and we were the last to board. We did have to make two other resort stops before AKL, but those were fairly quick. Our then-20-month-old fell asleep on the way, so it didn't really matter.

I think you'd be fine taking ME, but if you choose not to, I would caution against Uber. The Uber Family option (for car seats) has spotty availability at best. Instead, consider booking a car service or Mears van in advance to ensure you have the ride you need when you need it.

Our flight was really late on one of our trips and we didn't land until about midnight. I think there were only a couple other people on the bus with us. There just aren't that many flights at that time of the night, so I really wouldn't worry about a "packed" bus.

Have a good trip!

Just remember that you have to get your own luggage rather than expecting Disney to pick it up for you. Otherwise you will probably have to make a few stops but ME will be around the same speed as an Uber but you won't have to install car seats and other complexities. If time is more important than money, you might consider a Minivan because they will have the necessary car seats but it will cost you $150 each way and stops operating at midnight.

I did ME around midnight once and, while it wasn't packed, it seemed to go to many more resorts than it would if we had gone earlier during peak flight times. I remember not getting to bed until about 1:30 am that night. As PP pointed out, whether you take ME or not, you will have to retrieve your own checked baggage. You could hire a private transportation service that can provide car seats. Private cars are typically in the $75 - $100 per way range.

While you needn't worry about a packed bus at that time, you may wait longer since they will not run as frequently and your bus may make more stops at other resorts since they will be consolidating runs. Depends on whether you want to spend the extra money but with two tired toddlers, I would be tempted to take an Uber.

My family is staying at Kidani mid July. Our flight lands around Midnight. How packed do you think the ME will be at that time? I am wondering if it would be better to just get an uber to get the hotel as fast as possible or if the bus will not have very many guests on it and get us to our hotel in a reasonable amount of time.

We have two toddlers if that matters.

I landed sometime after Midnight once and had the entire ME bus to myself. Felt like a rock star!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter