Late Checkout

It will solely depend on occupancy and how many are checking out/checking in that day. We stayed on rented points in September, which is a relatively slow time, and we were told we could not stay past 11am which is the standard check-out time. We were told we could pay for a late check-out of 3pm for around $150 (I think), but we declined.

Worst case scenario, Aulani will store your luggage all day and there is a complimentary lounge you can use if you need to shower. It does get busy, so try to use it with plenty of time before you need to leave.

We did but we were between two reservations and we’re moving from one room to another.

Agree with Jodybird - if staying DVC, there is not an option for late checkout.

We had a very late flight out and our last day looked like this: had breakfast at resort with Goofy, packed up our room and loaded our rental, went to North Shore for an early dinner from the food trucks and then spent the rest of the time taking in our last sunset from Waikiki. There's so much to still see and do, that you're bound to fill time.

We're staying on rented DVC points. What is the latest checkout time we can get?

From what I know, there is almost no scenario where you can get a late checkout if you are staying on points.

DVC points reservations are virtually never given late checkouts. I've been a member for over 25 years. It takes a LOT of time to clean villa accommodations and folks checking in always want their rooms early right? ;) Odds are FAR, far greater to maybe, maybe get into your DVC room earlier than 4pm than getting a later than 11am checkout.

As others mentioned, bell services will store your luggage after checkout time and you can continue to enjoy the resorts' amenities for the entire day! Have fun! :cutie:

Our flight out of Honolulu on our most recent trip was around 8:30pm. We actually slept in, finished packing up, and then had a terrific resort day. We took our bags to bell services to store and then spent the day at the pools and enjoyed lunch at Ama Ama. We took advantage of the lounge to get showered up before leaving around 5pm. It was a great way to spend our last day, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. As another poster mentioned, though, the lounge can get busy, and there are only a couple of showers available, so make sure to leave yourselves enough time if this is your plan.

Another option is to book a spa treatment on your check-out day. It would give you a place to hang out at all day so you're not "homeless" for several hours, and you can go in and out of the locker room same day which is less crowded than the lounge. It would also be a relaxing way to end a trip.

Agree with Jodybird - if staying DVC, there is not an option for late checkout.

We had a very late flight out and our last day looked like this: had breakfast at resort with Goofy, packed up our room and loaded our rental, went to North Shore for an early dinner from the food trucks and then spent the rest of the time taking in our last sunset from Waikiki. There's so much to still see and do, that you're bound to fill time.

I'd only do this if nothing in your car (luggage etc) is visible (make sure it's all in the trunk, and don't open the trunk to get something out if you're walking away from your car).

Most folks going to the mainland, at least to the midwest or East Coast, will have a red eye flight. If the resort granted late check outs, they'd be flooded with requests!

We also make a day of it, but usually hang out at the resort (leave stuff with Bell Services). I relax and read; my husband will swim, as he's fine using the showers (we stay at the Marriott Ko Olina). I like to be showered and have my hair and makeup done, so I don't use the showers at the pool (although they're nice and have everything). I may change my mind next time though, as it's nice to refresh.

Once when we lived in Kailua, we went to the PCC, and I made the mistake of putting some stuff in the trunk. Sure enough, our car was broken into, and stuff was stolen. It happens all the time on the North Shore and in Waikiki.

I booked with regular money (not DVC points). How does one go about obtaining late checkout?

I booked with regular money (not DVC points). How does one go about obtaining late checkout?

With a place like this, or any DVC, it's unlikely you can get much of a late checkout. Best thing is to find out how to pay for one, or to book another night if you need a long day in the room. They need time to turn over the rooms really.

We personally own at the Marriott, so have the same deal. We typically drop our stuff off at bell services, and my husband is fine with showering in the locker rooms (they're open with toiletries 24/7 with room key). I don't like to do that, so I'm showered and dressed, and we go get a nice lunch, then nap in the rec room or the beds in the lobby. I was going to book another night, but DH left early for work, so kids and I did fine last trip. We typically have an 8pm flight home, so get to the airport, check in, then get a bite before the flight.

You at least have a shot at a late checkout since you're paying cash not points. :cutie: Curious, are you booked into a DVC room? Or the Aulani hotel side? This could make a difference.

As for late checkout, I would ask at LEAST a day or 2 in advance at the FD. Good luck!

I love this idea, but I assume that it only works if you aren't traveling with kids? Anyone know if there are any spa treatments for 9 and 12 year olds?

Another option is to book a spa treatment on your check-out day. It would give you a place to hang out at all day so you're not "homeless" for several hours, and you can go in and out of the locker room same day which is less crowded than the lounge. It would also be a relaxing way to end a trip.

I love this idea, but I assume that it only works if you aren't traveling with kids? Anyone know if there are any spa treatments for 9 and 12 year olds?

There are the Painted Sky packages for those ages, but I can't discern if that's actually part of Laniwai Spa or not. It says its located just outside the spa? I don't believe those ages would be allowed to use the hydrotherapy gardens, but I do wonder if they'd be permitted to use the locker rooms. Might be worth a call.

You at least have a shot at a late checkout since you're paying cash not points. :cutie: Curious, are you booked into a DVC room? Or the Aulani hotel side? This could make a difference.

As for late checkout, I would ask at LEAST a day or 2 in advance at the FD. Good luck!
I booked hotel side, not a DVC room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!