Last week of February 2020 - Did I make a mistake?

Thank you all for the input! I'm not too scared of the crowds, but we do have the opportunity to switch to the first week of February. Any thoughts on that? I'm thinking we may do it!

We have gone the last week of February for years, and sometimes it does coincide with Mardi Gras. One of the things that has kept us upbeat has been doing the After Hours at Magic Kingdom when it has been offered. Even when we the parks are crowded, we know we will have one evening of riding basically what we want to with little to no waits. No one can guarantee it will be offered next year, but it definitely made a big difference for us!

We have gone the last week of February for years, and sometimes it does coincide with Mardi Gras. One of the things that has kept us upbeat has been doing the After Hours at Magic Kingdom when it has been offered. Even when we the parks are crowded, we know we will have one evening of riding basically what we want to with little to no waits. No one can guarantee it will be offered next year, but it definitely made a big difference for us!

That sounds soooo fun! We have little kids with us so unfortunately that's not possible for this early rising crew, but I want to do an after hours events -- maybe adults only one day -- so badly!!

I also booked my flight looking at that week and with the increase in predictions from TP I am now scared.. although I guess all 2020 will be packed...
Hopefully Disney will try to increase park times and possibly work rides to full capacity to help if crowds are insane... here's hoping we get a good vacation!

To be honest, I don't think tp's recent hike to a 10 crowd prediction has as much to do with Mardi Gras as it does with Galaxy's Edge. It appears, from booking rumours, that many fans are delaying their 1st visit to SWGE into 2020. I'd imagine January - May 2020 could be far busier at The World than Sept- Dec. 2019...

I have two 2020 weeks booked and will decide which one gets done based on RotR rumors (or better yet, a real opening). I'm looking after Christmas rather than before because the outlook is not currently good. That week in February is my university's "reading week," so that could be the eek we go.

We ended up switching to the first week of February. But, we have a lot of kids going with us, so if something comes up with one of them... it'll be back to the last week of February! ;) Honestly I think it will be fine!!

There really is not any slow time anymore. We have gone many time in both Jan and Feb (avoiding holidays) the last three years it has been much more crowded. Those times were always great and crowds low, but those days are gone. :(

Last week of February is a school vacation week in NH. Lots of us flee the cold/snow to Florida for that week.

I was there this past March (3/1 - 3/8) which was over the Mardi Gras holiday. I go around that same week every year, but this was the first year Mardi Gras coincided with it. It was much busier this past March than previous ones. I met up with friends and we were looking at the calendar for 2020 to make sure that our dates did not align with Mardi Gras again next year. It was just that crazy. Add in being at Epcot the first day of Flower and Garden, and wow - it was crazy crowded. You know it is bad at MK when there is a LONG line (like 25 minutes) for the Peoplemover.

We went one year over Mardi Gras week and let me say it was one of our favorite trips. By accident we also stated at French Quarter so it added to the experience. So many folks from Louisiana but all so friendly and laid back. We had more nice chats and fun interactions with our guests on that trip than any other.
I say go and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter