Last trip was 2014, whats new since!?

Mickeyherewecome123

DIS Veteran
I am heading to WDW for a girls trip (leaving the teenagers and hubbs at home) at the beginning of May. I haven't been in almost 5 years. What has changed? Whats new? What must I see?

Thanks
Fran

Well, there's Pandora: The World of Avatar at Animal Kingdom and Toy Story Land at Hollywood Studios, which are the two biggest additions. Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney) also received a major overhaul. There's really too much to name as far as changes from the past five years, but do not miss Flight of Passage (Avatar) - it's incredible!

I concur with Brian. Lots of new attractions and upgrades that are too many to list. I just returned from a trip after not going in two years and the new "things" I loved were Flight of Passage ( a must do). If you don't secure a fast pass then definitely make sure you rope drop and go straight to this attraction. I loved that Soarin was updated, I enjoyed Slinky Dog Dash, the Frozen Ever After Sing Along (yes, I enjoyed this without children :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:) and the Frozen ride in Norway too. Then who doesn't love old favorites: Rockn Roller Coaster, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain RR and Figment of course. Disney Springs is very different and worth spending some time to stroll through and enjoy the food and drinks.

Lots old and new to see.

I am heading to WDW for a girls trip (leaving the teenagers and hubbs at home) at the beginning of May. I haven't been in almost 5 years. What has changed? Whats new? What must I see?

Thanks
Fran

Several new dining and entertainment packages for 2019, DDP now includes alcohol, Be Our Guest is now prix fixe for dinner(a signature meal) are the big things on the dining side. There will be special events and characters this year in all of the parks, but especially Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. There is a new Extra Morning Magic for Toy Story Land. Ride times are lengthy there and in Pandora, so it may be worth the EMM for at least a time saver in Toy Story Land. IllumiNations will be saying good bye at the end of the summer, so this will be your last chance to see it. I think some of the fireworks have changed over the past few years as well. That is about all of the big things I can think of, but I would recommend a cursory look on the Disney site to see for yourself, and find what you are most interested in. There is a lot to list, and they are still adding more. Enjoy your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter