Last night dining advice!

CERS

Mouseketeer
So, I scored a last day California Grill Dinner. I'm between this or heading over Disney Springs for dinner.

We would see Fantasmic! at 8 PM, and have the dinner at California Grill at 9:35 PM. We would be going on our own car directly to the contemporary so I expect it'll be enough time.

What do you recommend? Keeping this option or just switching for a Disney Springs walk+dinner? Haven't been Disney Springs or California Grill before so I don't know. Thanks in advance!

If you've not done CG, I recommend keeping it. It can be noisy, but the views are exceptional, and usually the service and food are very good though expensive even for a Signature. DS has some very nice places, but I'd stick with what you have. I don't think you'll regret it.

CG is a wonderful meal. DH and I just ate there a few weeks ago. I had the pork tenderloin, which I normally wouldn't order (ususaly get fish) and it was delicious! It's the only item that has been on the menu since CG opened. DH has the spicy sushi roll which he also liked.

I'd actually worry that timing sounds tight. It can take a while to get out of the Fantasmic theater, then depending on how far away you parked in the HS parking lot, how long it might take to find a spot and park at the Contemporary, etc.

I'd keep the 9:35 PM CG reservation as your mouth will thank you.
As for getting from HS to the Contemporary, since the show ends at 8:30 PM, you've a solid hour plus to make your dinner reservation and that can be readily accomplished whether you opt to drive to the hotel or leave the car in the existing parking lot and take the bus over.

Keep CG. It remains one of our favorite WDW restaurants. Has never disappointed.
If you have your own car, getting to CG should not be an issue.

So, I scored a last day California Grill Dinner. I'm between this or heading over Disney Springs for dinner.

We would see Fantasmic! at 8 PM, and have the dinner at California Grill at 9:35 PM. We would be going on our own car directly to the contemporary so I expect it'll be enough time.

What do you recommend? Keeping this option or just switching for a Disney Springs walk+dinner? Haven't been Disney Springs or California Grill before so I don't know. Thanks in advance!

I was going to recommend Cali Grill, but with a Fantasmic! showing at 8 I don't think its a great idea. Are you planning to tour all day? If so, you are going to be TIRED. We just got back from WDW last night and we were wiped out to the point where a long late dinner would've been too much, and we are active people.

Cali Grill is great, but after touring all day I would've been asleep in my goat cheese ravioli.

I was going to recommend Cali Grill, but with a Fantasmic! showing at 8 I don't think its a great idea. Are you planning to tour all day? If so, you are going to be TIRED. We just got back from WDW last night and we were wiped out to the point where a long late dinner would've been too much, and we are active people.

Cali Grill is great, but after touring all day I would've been asleep in my goat cheese ravioli.

Well, that day actually we have the following plan: EMM Toy Story Land, then do Beauty And The Beast, ToT and Star Tours, and just hang at the resort for the rest of the day up until last around 6 PM, when we go back to DHS to see the Christmas decor at night and Fantasmic. I don't believe we'll be extremely tired as we'll rest out in the middle of the day.

We're just 2 adults, so no kids, no running here and there. Lol. We plan to have a relaxed last day which is why we got EMM, we'd rather wake up early and beat the crowds to TSL, breakfast when they arrive, and be out by noon to relax until the evening.

Dec 27th - Jan 3rd. The reservation is for Jan 2nd, as I leave Jan 3rd in the morning.

Thank you all for the comments!! I guess keeping the ADR for CG is the best choice according to everyone! Will let you know how it was afterwards!
In that case, it's going to be tight. Plan on 20 to 30 minutes to get out of the park, another 10 minutes or so to get to your car. That leaves you 20 to 30 minutes to drive to the contemporary, park, and get to the restaurant. That's not a lot of time when traffic is heavy. If you want to keep the ADR, you'll need to hussle.

In that case, it's going to be tight. Plan on 20 to 30 minutes to get out of the park, another 10 minutes or so to get to your car. That leaves you 20 to 30 minutes to drive to the contemporary, park, and get to the restaurant. That's not a lot of time when traffic is heavy. If you want to keep the ADR, you'll need to hussle.

Thanks for the suggestion! I think I'll keep it anyway. If by any chance I arrive late, hopefully they'll get me a table as we'll be in the last seating of the evening. Plus, they give you a 15 minute grace period, which takes it to 9:50 PM, and I do believe 1:20 from shows ending to arriving a CG is possible.

Also, that day there's JBJB at 8:30 so many people will probably not leave after F!, but stay to see the ending of JBJB, making getting out a little bit easier.

Thanks for the suggestion! I think I'll keep it anyway. If by any chance I arrive late, hopefully they'll get me a table as we'll be in the last seating of the evening. Plus, they give you a 15 minute grace period, which takes it to 9:50 PM, and I do believe 1:20 from shows ending to arriving a CG is possible.

Also, that day there's JBJB at 8:30 so many people will probably not leave after F!, but stay to see the ending of JBJB, making getting out a little bit easier.
There is no guaranteed “grace period.”

Hey guys! So in the end I changed my mind, once again. Lol.

So I decided for a Savor The Savanna tour that evening. We love animals, we don't see much of them here, and it is a different but nice way to finish off.

So we'll do Savor in the Savanna and then decide if we go back to Fantasmic at DHS or not. We'll see a lot of nighttime shows during our stay: Holiday Wishes, Rivers of Light (Probably/Will depend on how the day goes), Fantasy in the Sky, Happily Ever After and Illuminations, and this is the only day Fantasmic would fit, but we'll not be the full day at DHS anyway. This also happens because we have 3 different shows at MK during our stay.

Also, this way we an go back to the hotel directly after F!, as we have to get up early the next day to go to the airport.

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter