Last minute trip- help me pick a hotel!

RainyDayPixie

Mouseketeer
My sister and her kids have had a rough year and we just decided to do Disneyland for their spring break! It will be the two of us, and kids 13, 10 (hers) and 8 (mine). All in good shape, but walking 10 mi a day does take its toll!

We’ll be there April 3-6. Probably just two full days in the park.

Flying into LAX as it was way less than SNA.

Last few trips, I’ve stayed at Desert Inn, Tropicana, Courtyard Marriott. Usually right across the street. Have also stayed at DLH (6 years ago) and GCH (even longer ago). Stayed at the Anaheim Majestic Garden back when it was a Sheraton (?) and liked it then.

This is my 10yo niece’s first trip and I don’t see them going again in the near future.

What I’m thinking of:
2 rooms at the Majestic Garden, though reviews aren’t great now and the shuttle seems less of a value.

Residence Inn convention center- either we squish into a one room suite (they get the bedroom, I share the pullout with my snuggly 8 year old) or do the bunk bed suite room. I’m worried about the walk with this one.

Extend our trip a day and do Dapper Days and stay at DLH or. GCH. Definitely two rooms there.

Anything I’m not considering? Lots of my go-tos are sold out, but I’ll keep checking. Would love to get back to CCI!

I agree with Geemo about Dapper Day. DLH is $419 and GCH is $509 for Dapper Days. Plus it would be really fun and you can dress up!

If not that...Have you checked BW Park Place or BW Anaheim Plus? Right across the street. BWAP has 2 bedroom suites (1 bathroom) or you could get adjoining rooms.

Park Vue has suites, too.

Thanks you two!

BWPPI just has a 2queen room and PVI is sold out.

I’ll see about shifting a day to use the Dapper Days rate.

I had a Dapper Days trip planned for April 2020 that I was so disappointed to miss. But I don’t think I’ll fit in the dress I had for that anymore. 🤣

Home2Suites? Cambria? Camelot has a suite too. So does grand legacy. Cambria is further away. We walked to Toy Story and took the free shuttle to the parks. Home2Suites and Cambria include hot breakfast. If you get the suite at Cambria with 2 queens and a pull out couch, they have two showers in the bathroom area. Made getting ready a lot faster!

My sister and her kids have had a rough year and we just decided to do Disneyland for their spring break! It will be the two of us, and kids 13, 10 (hers) and 8 (mine). All in good shape, but walking 10 mi a day does take its toll!

We’ll be there April 3-6. Probably just two full days in the park.

Flying into LAX as it was way less than SNA.

Last few trips, I’ve stayed at Desert Inn, Tropicana, Courtyard Marriott. Usually right across the street. Have also stayed at DLH (6 years ago) and GCH (even longer ago). Stayed at the Anaheim Majestic Garden back when it was a Sheraton (?) and liked it then.

This is my 10yo niece’s first trip and I don’t see them going again in the near future.

What I’m thinking of:
2 rooms at the Majestic Garden, though reviews aren’t great now and the shuttle seems less of a value.

Residence Inn convention center- either we squish into a one room suite (they get the bedroom, I share the pullout with my snuggly 8 year old) or do the bunk bed suite room. I’m worried about the walk with this one.

Extend our trip a day and do Dapper Days and stay at DLH or. GCH. Definitely two rooms there.

Anything I’m not considering? Lots of my go-tos are sold out, but I’ll keep checking. Would love to get back to CCI!
Hello RainyDayPixie,
I was just at Yelp and found the Holiday Inn Express And Suites in Anaheim and it's got great reviews on it and you and your sister can walk to Disneyland's entrance easily and I highly recommend you call them and ask if they have any April specials for the date you are going. Another motel I read reviews of but is as Herman's Hermits says in their song "A must to avoid" is Abby's Anaheimer Inn because although it is close to the Disneyland entrance it requires a long walk but the rooms are not great
Hope this advice helps and let me know if you find a deal at Holiday Inn Express And Suites
Hope you and your sister have a fun trip,
Dodger

Really appreciate the info here (DL Dis is the best!)

We decided on DLH!!! I think for a first trip, you can’t go wrong here.

Thanks for the nudge, @Geemo and @Pluto468 !

Appreciate that advise for future trips @crystal1313 We are a family of 5 with two teens, so it is good info!
You’ve ruined them for future trips. 🤣 Have fun! It’s so nice of you to initiate this.

Appreciate that advise for future trips @crystal1313 We are a family of 5 with two teens, so it is good info!
If you end up using the Dapper Day rate, call the hotel about a week before and request the Fantasy Tower if you want a clear view of the fireworks.

If you're interested in the slides at the pool, check to see if and when they are open during your visit. On one of our visits the slides closed at 5pm while the pool was open until 10pm

All of you are going to have a blast!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter