Last minute reservations

buzz1fan

DIS Veteran
over Christmas will it or possible to get dining reservations when we are there? Just curious if others had options on the ap to book last minute? We plan to have some planned but I’m worried if lunch lines are to long will there be anything open?

I’ve never been at Christmas time.

over Christmas will it or possible to get dining reservations when we are there? Just curious if others had options on the ap to book last minute? We plan to have some planned but I’m worried if lunch lines are to long will there be anything open?

I’ve never been at Christmas time.

There is always someplace to eat, but where and when depends on your family dynamics. Christmas is busy, so if you want to dine at a convenient or special TS restaurant on Christmas Eve dinner or a Christmas Day luncheon, book it now. The popular restaurants at conventional dining times book up quickly. If you are not fussy, and have no issues dining at a restaurant that shows an opening on the app, or do not mind CS, then don't worry. Something will open up.

CS restaurants may have longer lines, but if you avoid popular dining times it will be better.

Now if you have a crew like mine, 7 people who get hungry at dinnertime and you are in a park and want a TS restaurant in that park, using the ap for a last minute ADR is probably not going to work. I am there the week prior to CHristmas and have booked lunch and dinner in MK because I want to be sure my family has a spot in line already.

Christmas time is lovely in WDW> The resorts are all decked out, the parks all have a signature tree, and there are many holiday activities all over the World. Personally, I would look at the holiday activites and plan what I wanted to experience, and then find CS restaurants in those areas. I also would think about a few lunch ADR's to have on place if you are worried. You can cancel as you draw closer.

I booked my lunch in MK becasue I tend to get claustrophobic there when it is crowded, and I really want an escape without having to think about it. My family is not overly concerned, so for the rest of the trip we are winging lunch. Also, use mobile ordering. I have heard it cuts down CS wait times a lot.

There will always be something open. However, it may be something you don’t want to eat, and it may be in a really inconvenient location (like AK Lodge when you are at MK).

I would pick out some places you want to eat now and set up dining alerts on TouringPlans and ***********.com. If you plan out a few now, you'll probably get alerts and be able to book most of them over the next few months as people change or cancel their plans. You might even get some alerts last minute while on site. In June last year we were able to change and pick up a few reservations during our trip thanks to dining alerts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter