Last minute one-day visit

Kathlita

Mouseketeer
My daughter is in Japan on tour with a college group. She wants to spend one of her last days in Tokyo at Disneyland (around the 20th). That's right, no planning, no early arrival, lots of lines. Can anyone suggest a game plan? I know NOTHING about Toyko Disney. Single rider lines? Fastpasses available? Ambiance not to miss? Any and all suggestions will be very helpful!

Okay, I'll be more specific....can she buy tickets ahead of time on her phone, or is it no big deal to buy at the gate? I'm hoping she goes on a weekday, less busy, but what if her arrival time is 9:00 or after? Lines to get in? Everything I read says to get there early. I'm also inclined to recommend she go to DisneySeas, not Disneyland. Is their FP system like WDW's old one?

it's like the old WDW version. if she's a WDW regular, she might want to go to DisneySea because Disneyland has a lot of the same rides WDW has while DisneySea is unique.

I don’t really know how to advise because if this is something she really wants to do then she would ostensibly have a list of things she would like to do or see & then we could reply with the feasibility of that plan. If she hasn’t done any research at all then she probably wants to play it by ear & sometimes that is more fun than checking things off a list. She will figure it out.

It is no big deal for her to buy tickets at the gate.

I don’t really know how to advise because if this is something she really wants to do then she would ostensibly have a list of things she would like to do or see & then we could reply with the feasibility of that plan. If she hasn’t done any research at all then she probably wants to play it by ear & sometimes that is more fun than checking things off a list. She will figure it out.
You're right, she will. And she'll be with a bunch of friends, which she knows from experience will totally change any plans she might make anyway. I think she'll be there May 21st, which shouldn't be horrible crowds, so that will help. Knowing there are two parks and how the FP system works is a great start. She won't have time to do any research, so recommendations for great rides, fun shows, or where to head first would all be helpful. I don't know enough about it to even ask good questions!

At DisneySea, Indiana Jones and Raging Spirits have Single Rider. I think the first thing to do is to grab a FP for Journey to the Center of the Earth and then decide what to do from there. Just make sure to be back at Mediterranean Harbor a bit before Fantasmic and I think it'll all be fine.

If they don't understand Japanese, they should also skip Turtle Talk with Crush and the Magic Lamp Theater show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!