Last Minute Discounts?

kotagg

Earning My Ears
Does Disney offer last minute discounts to fill their resorts like other hotels do? If so, where can you find them?

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply, but I am talking about last minute discounts to fill the rooms. Most hotels have a "weekend websaver" type promotion where they discount the unfilled rooms for the upcoming weekend. I was wondering if Disney has such a program.

The best time to find these is same day. The resort goal is always to sell out. Often there were times, depending on their availability we would lower the rate for walk ups just to get the sell out. This was done on a day by day basis. IF you are willing to take a chance get the numbers of a few hotels you are interested in and call the FD on your arrival date. It may require several calls and there are no guarantees.

Isn't there a "visitors center" that you can stop at near WDW that will give you great discounts on certain resorts that they are trying to sell out that day? I thought that I read about this on this board, but I don't remember specifics. Maybe someone who knows more about this can elaborate?

I have never stopped there but I recall it being in Ocala, FL. Maybe a search on 'Ocala' will turn up a few posts.

Yes, it's definitely Ocala. I found more info on it on mousesavers.com. Go to the WDW resorts page, and it's at the bottom of the discounts info. HTH!

edited to remove link to a commercial site

If you are driving south on I-75 there is a Disney operated reservation center/store in Ocala at Exit 68.

They often have deeply discounted rooms available there - especially for the deluxes. I've received rates 20 - 45% off of rack rate for The Polynesian, AKL, FW Cabins, and the GF (although when I actually got to the GF I talked them into letting us stay at the Polynesian :-).

You cannot call them - you have to walk in to find out what is available. And there is the chance that they will not have anything available - hasn't happened to us, but then we travel when it isn't busy.

They can make a reservation for you for up to 4 days from the day that you are there, so if you plan to go to the beach for a couple of days first it works out really nicely.

The Magic was really working on our last trip - we were offered an AKL standard room at a $134 rate (we took it of course :-) and when we arrived at the hotel (3 days later) they generously upgraded us to a Savannah view room....it was fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!