Last Minute ADR Success Stories?

I only booked about 7 weeks in advance. We go Oct 23. I have a toddler who is a picky eater and isn't always a great eater. So I had ruled out character dining, just wouldn't be worth it if he is ready to go in 20mins, but had hopes for perhaps a breakfast somewhere. Picked up BOG for an early breakfast randomly yesterday. Tad pricey but with him, best option for us. I had just been randomly checking during my lunch break for the last couple weeks and happened to see it.

Got a BOG MNSSHP dinner 6:30 ADR last week for early Nov trip. Celebration dinner my friend's birthday.

Last edited:
Just got a BOG lunch for 2 pm two weeks from now. I have been trying every day multiple times and finally lucked out!

I don't think i am doing more reservations but I always check just in case i want to swap one. I noticed Chef Micky and Crystal Palace started to show today for the first time and we arrive next week. I am sure it as everyone says, people are making their final decisions and releasing.

Not sure if this counts, but happened today actually. I was able to change a party of 4 to a party of 7 at ‘Ohana for this coming Saturday, same time as originally planned. No times available at all online for a party of 3, so I gave them a call just to check. The cast member who assisted me was equally shocked....

Just saw an 8:20am Cinderella Castle show up for this Monday. We aren't using it, just saying some can be very last minute.

I just got CRT the other day, within about 2 weeks of our trip via Touring Plans. It can happen!

Please, help me calm my nerves! Through (obsessive) website stalking and with a little help from Touring Plans, I'm grateful to have grabbed some really amazing ADRs. Throughout my 'stalking', I've also seen some of the most desirable ADRs pop up from time to time (dinners at 'Ohana, BOG, Victoria & Albert's, Chef Mickey's Dinner, etc.). Unfortunately, I STILL haven't found my #1 dream ADR- a non-Christmas party dinner ADR for CRT. I'm about 2 1/2 months out. Has anyone had success at this point, all the way up to the days before your trip, for such a desirable ADR? If so, I would love to hear your success stories! TIA! :flower:
P.S. Like many others on this site, I'd love to nab our dream ADR. Given the wake of Hurricane Irma, however, I know ADRs, in the grand scheme of things, aren't truly important. I know that no matter what, we will have a great time, and will be grateful we're going to WDW! :)
On our last trip (2016) I booked 3 months out. I received a notification for a CRT dinner from touring plans reservation finder but couldn't respond because I was at work. I then managed to get one on my own about a week later by checking the website 1-2 times per day. THEN, my mom decided to go on the trip. I managed to get ANOTHER dinner using touring plans with an extra person, so in all, saw availability for 3. This was Easter Sunday so probably more people watching as well.

A couple days before the reservation my kids needed sleep so I ended up changing it to a CRT breakfast when I noticed one available during our trip =) So yes there's a chance you can get one =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!