Last Minute ADR Success Stories?

Rachel GB

DIS Veteran
Please, help me calm my nerves! Through (obsessive) website stalking and with a little help from Touring Plans, I'm grateful to have grabbed some really amazing ADRs. Throughout my 'stalking', I've also seen some of the most desirable ADRs pop up from time to time (dinners at 'Ohana, BOG, Victoria & Albert's, Chef Mickey's Dinner, etc.). Unfortunately, I STILL haven't found my #1 dream ADR- a non-Christmas party dinner ADR for CRT. I'm about 2 1/2 months out. Has anyone had success at this point, all the way up to the days before your trip, for such a desirable ADR? If so, I would love to hear your success stories! TIA! :flower:
P.S. Like many others on this site, I'd love to nab our dream ADR. Given the wake of Hurricane Irma, however, I know ADRs, in the grand scheme of things, aren't truly important. I know that no matter what, we will have a great time, and will be grateful we're going to WDW! :)

Keep looking, we took a trip 5 years ago and booked 5 weeks before we arrived, in those 5 weeks I was able to book CRT and everything we wanted, I kept trying everyday. We booked our Christmas trip last month and so far I have been able to book CRT, BOG, Chef Mickey, Akershus and a few others. My CRT is for lunch and booked it about 2 weeks ago, lunch isn't my first pick however I think I will be able to adjust before our trip. A few days ago I found CRT for 9:30 Dinner, I couldn't believe it, but passed on it because it was too late for my crew.

Good Luck!

We wanted lunch at BOG on a past trip and couldn't find anything- the day before I checked and BINGO! lunch ADR. Since then, I randomly go on and check ADR's for the next day or so just to see what's available and I've seen all the headliners popping up. The touring plans reservation finder has been wonderful! They have found a reservation each time - although I'm not always fast enough to snag it! Keep the faith!

You will get there! We booked our trip about a month out (leaving on Sunday) and just in the last 2 days I have been able to get both Chef Mickey's and Ohana, Chef Mickey's within 15 minutes, and Ohana within an hour, I still have alerts set to try to move up Ohana a little more but if it doesn't happen I will still be really pleased with what we have because I thought that both would be a lost cause given I just decided not to wing it and get ADRs two weeks ago.

We are there in December and I was able to get CRT it is for a party night since we are going to the party but I am still looking to bump up our time. It happens, I have more than once or twice been able to find a PPO BOG the day before we left for a trip or even the night before our MK day, all you can do is just keep looking so when someone does drop it you are there.

Keep looking, we took a trip 5 years ago and booked 5 weeks before we arrived, in those 5 weeks I was able to book CRT and everything we wanted, I kept trying everyday. We booked our Christmas trip last month and so far I have been able to book CRT, BOG, Chef Mickey, Akershus and a few others. My CRT is for lunch and booked it about 2 weeks ago, lunch isn't my first pick however I think I will be able to adjust before our trip. A few days ago I found CRT for 9:30 Dinner, I couldn't believe it, but passed on it because it was too late for my crew.

Good Luck!

@ryanj52 , how awesome that you got all of those great ADRs on your trip five years ago, and for your Christmas trip, too! We will be there in lat3e Nov/ early Dec. Your experience definitely gives me hope! :)

We wanted lunch at BOG on a past trip and couldn't find anything- the day before I checked and BINGO! lunch ADR. Since then, I randomly go on and check ADR's for the next day or so just to see what's available and I've seen all the headliners popping up. The touring plans reservation finder has been wonderful! They have found a reservation each time - although I'm not always fast enough to snag it! Keep the faith!

@pattyw , thank you for the encouragement! And congrats on grabbing your ADR at the last minute! I will have to keep checking and keep the faith, right up until the day of! :)

You will get there! We booked our trip about a month out (leaving on Sunday) and just in the last 2 days I have been able to get both Chef Mickey's and Ohana, Chef Mickey's within 15 minutes, and Ohana within an hour, I still have alerts set to try to move up Ohana a little more but if it doesn't happen I will still be really pleased with what we have because I thought that both would be a lost cause given I just decided not to wing it and get ADRs two weeks ago.

We are there in December and I was able to get CRT it is for a party night since we are going to the party but I am still looking to bump up our time. It happens, I have more than once or twice been able to find a PPO BOG the day before we left for a trip or even the night before our MK day, all you can do is just keep looking so when someone does drop it you are there.

@vallygirl0221 , thanks for your reply! Congrats on getting your CRT dinner, and PPO BOG before, too! We will also be there in (the very beginning of) December, but are sadly skipping the party as I don't think it will work for our kids at these ages. I'm going to keep the faith, for sure! Have an amazing trip! :)

We arrive next Friday. Two days ago our best friends decided to join us. Great, but all my ADRs are for 4, not 6. I started obsessively checking. Yesterday I found an Akershus prepark opening for 6 and today got Jungle Navigation. Now I just have to get our Bon Voyage breakfast. Keep checking!

We arrive next Friday. Two days ago our best friends decided to join us. Great, but all my ADRs are for 4, not 6. I started obsessively checking. Yesterday I found an Akershus prepark opening for 6 and today got Jungle Navigation. Now I just have to get our Bon Voyage breakfast. Keep checking!

@momto3pirates , thanks for your reply, and CONGRATS on snagging some great last minute ADRs for your larger party size! Definitely an encouraging story. Good luck on grabbing that Bon Voyage breakfast, and have an amazing trip!

Well, I'm in love with the touring plans finder :love: I got all the ADRs I wanted with them.. BOG dinner, Ohana dinner and CRT dinner.

I got an early (5:30pm) dinner at CRT on a party night. We do not have tickets for the party this night, so it was perfect.
And today I got a message from them for a very late dinner on a non-party night... so don't lose your hopes!

Well, I'm in love with the touring plans finder :love: I got all the ADRs I wanted with them.. BOG dinner, Ohana dinner and CRT dinner.

I got an early (5:30pm) dinner at CRT on a party night. We do not have tickets for the party this night, so it was perfect.
And today I got a message from them for a very late dinner on a non-party night... so don't lose your hopes!

@Milla , thanks for your reply, and CONGRATS on getting such great ADRs! Touring Plans found a perfect CRT reservation (just like yours)- 5:35 p.m. on 12/1 (party night), but it came through at midnight, and I was sleeping and missed it :sad1:! I've got about 2 1/2 months, so I am going to keep positive that it's going to happen! :) Have an amazing trip!

Don't give up. I've been able to get CRT, Akershus, 1900 Park all on the last month. We'll be there the 23rd. Seems to be a lot of multiple ADRs that are dropped as guest change or finalize their plans.

Don't give up. I've been able to get CRT, Akershus, 1900 Park all on the last month. We'll be there the 23rd. Seems to be a lot of multiple ADRs that are dropped as guest change or finalize their plans.

@Gophers , thank you for your reply, and CONGRATS on grabbing such popular ADRs so close to your trip!
I think part of my trouble is timing (late Nov./ early Dec.). I've read several other posts stating how unprecedently crazy ADRs around the week after Thanksgiving have been this year, in particular. If I look in January, all of the top restaurants have reservations available!
That being said, I think you're totally right that guests drop extra ADRs when they finalize their plans. I'm going to take your advice of not giving up! Thanks again! :)

Please, help me calm my nerves! Through (obsessive) website stalking and with a little help from Touring Plans, I'm grateful to have grabbed some really amazing ADRs. Throughout my 'stalking', I've also seen some of the most desirable ADRs pop up from time to time (dinners at 'Ohana, BOG, Victoria & Albert's, Chef Mickey's Dinner, etc.). Unfortunately, I STILL haven't found my #1 dream ADR- a non-Christmas party dinner ADR for CRT. I'm about 2 1/2 months out. Has anyone had success at this point, all the way up to the days before your trip, for such a desirable ADR? If so, I would love to hear your success stories! TIA! :flower:
P.S. Like many others on this site, I'd love to nab our dream ADR. Given the wake of Hurricane Irma, however, I know ADRs, in the grand scheme of things, aren't truly important. I know that no matter what, we will have a great time, and will be grateful we're going to WDW! :)
If you're on Facebook search, "disney November 2017 adr fastpass drop". That group is amazing a lot of people cancelling and dropping adrs for people!

In May, I got a BOG lunch about an hour in advance. I was solo and checked on a whim, but still! There is always hope! I also second the recommendation of Touring Plans reservation finder. I've never had it not come through and get me what I want within a half hour of my preferred reservation time. It scored me a pre-park opening Akershus breakfast last week. I've used it for three trips now, it's super helpful. For me, I often don't know I even want a particular "hard to get" reservation until my plans take more shape, so it's a valuable resource.

Good luck!!

In May, I got a BOG lunch about an hour in advance. I was solo and checked on a whim, but still! There is always hope! I also second the recommendation of Touring Plans reservation finder. I've never had it not come through and get me what I want within a half hour of my preferred reservation time. It scored me a pre-park opening Akershus breakfast last week. I've used it for three trips now, it's super helpful. For me, I often don't know I even want a particular "hard to get" reservation until my plans take more shape, so it's a valuable resource.

Good luck!!

@xlsm , thanks for sharing! Though I've had it in the reservation finder for weeks, Touring Plans hasn't come through on this one yet (it did once, but it was after midnight, and I was sleeping!). However, I still have time, and your story gives me hope! Congrats on getting a PPO Akershus, too!
I totally agree with your last sentence. My original plan for this vacation didn't include CRT (or many other ADRs i now hold!), but our plans have changed over time. I bet I would've had a chance of getting this ADR 1890 days out, but now, it's nowhere to be found! Have an amazing time on your upcoming trip, and thanks for the encouragement! :)

I've had the best success with hard to get ADRs that I couldn't get at 180 days about 3-4 days out from my trip. I always get on Disney's website first thing in the morning and right before I go to sleep when I'm looking for last minute reservations! Good luck!

I've had the best success with hard to get ADRs that I couldn't get at 180 days about 3-4 days out from my trip. I always get on Disney's website first thing in the morning and right before I go to sleep when I'm looking for last minute reservations! Good luck!

@BriLovesDisney , thank you so much for your suggestion ! :)

About 9 or 10 years ago I got CRT with two weeks to go. This was the days when we had to call in so I wasn't even checking that regularly - every couple of days or so and finally I got it! Even the CM was surprised and said it was my lucky day. I'd gotten so used to hearing "no" that I don't think it even registered when he said there was availability. We went on a last-minute trip in December of '15 and I was able to grab a pre-park opening breakfast at BOG 13 days in advance (I just checked my confirmation email, lol!). Don't give up! Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!