Last min May trip.. how/when/where?

idofabric

<font color=green>"How do I...?"
Ok, our DD is grad. from USC in LA.
DH and I go to WDW at least 2x's a year. And I grew up in S.Cal. Got to go on a 3 day trip to DL , SOLO, last Aug.
Now DH says, "We'll be in LA for the Grad thing. She has things to do without us... lets go to Disneyland!" And who am I to argue ?

Now here is the problem(s)-
1) Grad is May 12. So we need to be there on that Fri for it...
2) The 2 DS's going have limited time to spend... one is 20 and working, the other is 14 and has Freshman HS finals starting May 15... It is gonna be very hard to get him out of school for this trip! But if the football team can miss EVERY single final for a road trip, he can miss 2-3 days BEFOR finals for a trip to see his sis grad- with HONORS ! from USC !
3) when to go? where to stay? how long a ticket?

I am thnking Mon -Tues or Tues -Wed, or Wed-Thur...
I did 3 days in Aug last year, and it was to long... So 2 days, and it is befor SCal schools are out shoul do it...

Help.
Thanks!

Thanks, that was what I was thinking... and is when I was there last Aug... it was very slow! :thumbsup2
Now I need to figure if we will stay at an onsite hotel or go with off site...
And if we use AAA, would it be worth getting AAA just for this trip? I think someone was talking about enhanced Fast Pass with AAA? We can also use our Military discount for tickets and some of the local hotels across the street from DL.
Now I need to check the close/rehab list and make a few plans...
After I figure out if it is 2, 3, 4 or 5 of us going!!! :rolleyes1
That will make a ton of difference!

I used to eat at the Blue Byoue, but with it being closed I will need to re think where to eat...

I have been to WDW so many times, all this is a no brainer mostly.
And I lived in SCal as a kid, going to DL was a common thing to do growing up! But it has all changed so much. And since this was DHs idea to go I want it to be fun for him!

At least we can walk the entire 2 parks in a lot less time!!! It reminded me of walking ECPOT when I did both parks in 1 day. May be a little more....we walk a LOT at ECPOT!

So now, any discounts/ideas on which hotel onsite or off site....? And where to eat...? and if we can't get Military tickets from SanDiego in time where to get tickets there? Or just go with AAA?

Thanks to all that can help.
I am so jazzed... maybe more about the DL trip then DDs grad from USC... :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter