Last Deployment (hopefully)

lyeag

DIS Veteran
DH leaves very soon for Korea. It could be worse, but it is never fun facing down a year long separation. Good thoughts would be helpful that this deployment nothing breaks. :)

Sending hugs and prayers for your DH's safe keeping :hug:. Also strength and patience for you as all the responsibilities fall on your shoulders and you keep the home fires burning :hug:. I have been there with my dear DIL several times, as she juggles work, household, and kiddos, w/DS's depolyments to Iraq, AFG and Korea, so feel your pain. Godspeed and I thank you and your DH for your many sacrifices for our great nation. :flower3:

Thanks. This should be the last deployment,God willing. When he comes back he will just have a little more than 3 years until retirement. This old army wife is tired of the grind. Twice to Iraq and Korea, multiple TDY assignments, schools and medical issues have made me ready for civilian life. BTW Thanks for supporting your DIL through all of this stuff. My MIL has nothing to do with me. EVERY deployment has been on single orders, he never went with a unit. I am always left to deal on my own.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

DH retired in October 2012. He did 20 plus deployments over his career, so I know how you feel. The single party deployments ARE the hardest because everyone forgets you exist and you get no support. I'm sending you prayers and good thoughts that time goes quickly and things go smoothly while he is away. Feel free to PM me if you like!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter