Last Day (Pt. 2) "Better Late Than Never"

bouncy54

I Believe In Fairy Magic
I didn't get very many pics of our day at DCA, but we went on TOT, Soarin', Monster's Inc. and watched the Muppet Show. I caught a portion of the Beach Boys act...I don't remember the actual name of the band, but I got a kick out of watching people try to do the hula-hoop. I remember when the original came out...I was quite good at it, but then I wasn't more than maybe 8 or 9 years old. My guys met up with us sometime during the afternoon...their dispositions much improved after their break. I was surprised that I enjoyed Monster's Inc since I have never seen the movie, even though we have it in our collection. I especially enjoyed the room with the flying doors. That was something you don't see everyday. Wish I had taken some pics of it.

dis0355.jpg

dis0356.jpg

dis0359.jpg

dis0360.jpg

dis0361.jpg

dis0362.jpg

dis0363.jpg

dis0364.jpg

dis0365.jpg

Late afternoon we headed back over to DL. Boy...you could sure tell it was a weekend. There were a lot of people there. My notes tell me that we rode Big Thunder, Pirates, and Splash Mt. that day so I assume we did some of these in the morning and maybe had a FP for the evening for Splash & Big Thunder. I know we didn't stand in any long lines for attractions during our entire vacation and by this time, the standby lines were very long in the park.

About 5:30 we made our way over to the right side of the castle to stake out our place for the parade at 7:30. We were just down from Alice In Wonderland and across from the Matterhorn. There were places to sit against the wall of the Castle so we were comfortable waiting. We took turns riding rides & standing in line for food items. I scooted over to the Red Wagon and got a couple of those yummy Corn Dogs. The guys bought Churros.

dis0367.jpg

dis0368.jpg

On my way back from an excrusion over in Tomorrowland, I had just got to the Hub when the lighting of the Castle ceremony began. This was the first time that anyone in the public had seen it. I had an absolutely perfect spot to watch it and luckily I had the video camera with me and I caught the whole thing on tape. Breath-taking...magical...a real "tears in your eyes" kind of moment.

The Christmas Parade began right on time and our viewing place was perfect. It passed right in front of us on it's way down to the beautifully-lit "It's A Small World". (we never did go in IASW...don't know why)

dis0371.jpg

dis0372.jpg

dis0374.jpg

dis0376.jpg

dis0375.jpg

dis0382.jpg

dis0383.jpg

dis0425.jpg

dis0384.jpg

dis0385.jpg

dis0386.jpg

dis0387.jpg

dis0430.jpg

dis0393.jpg

Continue on Last Day (Pt. 3)

I'll have to finish up tonight. Gotta get ready for work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter