Last Car Journey you took?

That is a dream trip. One of these days I hope to do the same.

I hope you get to do it! It used to seem like such a huge thing to me, but now that we have done it, it was actually so easy and so much fun. Throw some clothes and a cooler in the car, make a few hotel reservations and hit the ope road!

August 2018: Austin, Texas to Huntsville, Alabama and back - took DD to college.
Riders:
Me and my adult kids - we left Daddy at home, he doesn't like road trips.
7 Days - 1900 miles, my first ever speeding ticket and more laughs and tears than in several years.
We drove a huge loop, going to places we had never been. We saw amazing things, visited amazing sights and ate amazing food.

Highlights:
Memphis, TN: Elmwood Cemetery, Graceland, Bass Pro Pyramid and Uncle Louis Fried Chicken
Texarkana, TX/AK: The state line and last What-a-Burger for DD until Christmas break!
Huntsville, AL: Space and Rocket Center, Univ Alabama in Huntsville and Metro Diner for Chicken and Waffles
Unloaded the stuffed car and left DD at her dorm...… see you in October for parent weekend!
Tuscaloosa, AL: Bryant-Denny Stadium and walk of fame
Vicksburg, MS: Gumbo Pot - shrimp grits, to die for
Crossed the mighty Mississippi - twice!
Davy Crocket National Forest - somewhere in eastern TX
Centerville, TX: Woodys Smoke House
Kosse, TX - speed trap central! I'm still ticked off

Best memory ever!

The tip of what?

As for me, I guess you could count Denver to Gunnison & back (Thurs-today). Also flew STL to DEN in the process (and about to reverse that in a few minutes).

The tip of what?? Not counting the places I journey to in my car daily this weekend I went from NY to Boston to visit my daughter at college and before that in May was Utah-NV-AZ-CO-Utah.

In the U.K. the “tip” is another word for the “dump” - i.e. where you go and put your larger (and smaller) trash items and and they will be recycled or disposed of. If the OP is from the U.K. then this is what they will likely mean. :)

Last time driving at all- this evening, went to Dairy Queen for burgers with DH. About 7 miles, round trip.

Last road trip- in August, drove with DD in her car from home in PA back to college in AL. We spent the night in Knoxville, TN along the way. Then I flew back home.

Next road trip- DH and I will head to Dayton, OH for Thanksgiving with his family.

In the U.K. the “tip” is another word for the “dump” - i.e. where you go and put your larger (and smaller) trash items and and they will be recycled or disposed of. If the OP is from the U.K. then this is what they will likely mean. :)

Pretty sad little “journey”.

Our last road trip was to Disney World with stops in Charlotte & Daytona. Before that was our Atlanta/Charlotte/Pigeon Forge trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter