Las Vegas Shooting

Maybe he lying low and is sick of folks trying to turn him into the Atlanta bomber... remember how folks crucified the guy (Richard Jewell) who found the bomb backpack...

https://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/1997/02/brenner199702

Possibly. Given the spotlight on the continuing tussles between MGM and the Vegas PD on the exact timetable of the shooting and police response, the fact a tizzy is erupting over a key witness suddenly appearing to have gone "AWOL" shouldn't surprise anyone.

And per an earlier post I made , I'm surprised no one else here seems to have picked up on the coincidence that according to investigators, neither Campos nor Paddock had any visible social media footprint or web presence. And why have we not heard more about the mysterious "maintenance man," whom I'm willing to bet we will also eventually be told also had "no visible social media footprint or web presence"? :rolleyes1

Possibly. Given the spotlight on the continuing tussles between MGM and the Vegas PD on the exact timetable of, the shooting and police response, the fact a tizzy is erupting over a key witness suddenly appearing to have gone "AWOL" shouldn't surprise anyone.

And per an earlier post I made , I'm surprised no one else here seems to have picked up on the coincidence that according to investigators, neither Campos nor Paddock had any visible social media footprint or web presence. And why have we not heard more about the mysterious "maintenance man," whom I'm willing to bet we will also eventually be told also had "no visible social media footprint or web presence"? :rolleyes1

that is not odd at all, I have quite a few actual friends who do not use social media, and really have no reason to have a footprint... their jobs do not require it, and they are not intrigued by the concept of virtual friendships. Nothing shady, just personal preference.

giphy.gif

And this is why people don't trust the media.
Did the journalist actually investigate whether or not he is missing? Did he try to contact family members, check to see if a missing person report has been filed? Visit the Campos' home?
Or did he just speak to the Union rep and then write an article claiming Campos vanished?
Vanishing and avoiding the public are not the same thing, good god.

that is not odd at all, I have quite a few actual friends who do not use social media, and really have no reason to have a footprint... their jobs do not require it, and they are not intrigued by the concept of virtual friendships. Nothing shady, just personal preference.

Yep, there's quite a lot of people who either do not participate in the social media dance, or there are those who participate and utilize security protocols and manage to navigate social media in virtual privacy. My daughter managed to get an A on a project from one of her professors when she was able to prove to him that she has and/or had social media accounts she listed in her inventory for her project that could not be detected in her social media footprint -- until she revealed them to him based on his challenging her results. A modern milennial who has been participating actively in social media for a decade or more with a very selectively detectable footprint? Oooh, shady, sounds like she must be involved in something. I wouldn't suppose it has anything to do with her father being in IT and teaching her how to properly set up her initial accounts as a kid -- or the fact they still regularly discuss internet and social media security to this day? Nope, shady makes a better story.

The obvious answer is that Campos, Paddock, and the unnamed maintenance man are actually the same person. He was also the shooter on the grassy knoll, the person who set off the explosives that downed the WTC, faked the Sandy Hook shooting, built the bombs for Timothy McVeigh, and poisoned Heather Heyer (who died of a heart attack, duncha know). That's why he needed the money he got when pretending to be D. B. Cooper.

the police are not telling everything.

Which in the process of many criminal investigations is not in and of itself unusual.

What is somewhat unusual here is the fact the authorities are IMHO doing a less than stellar job at giving the public confidence that the investigation is being managed objectively.

Which is why conspiracy theories keep appearing.

The obvious answer is that Campos, Paddock, and the unnamed maintenance man are actually the same person. He was also the shooter on the grassy knoll, the person who set off the explosives that downed the WTC, faked the Sandy Hook shooting, built the bombs for Timothy McVeigh, and poisoned Heather Heyer (who died of a heart attack, duncha know). That's why he needed the money he got when pretending to be D. B. Cooper.

You are definitely on to something. I hope you are making an 80 minute YouTube video so the truth will get out. The people have a right to know. :laughing: (unfortunately there's no tin foil hat smiley

Which in the process of many criminal investigations is not in and of itself unusual.

What is somewhat unusual here is the fact the authorities are IMHO doing a less than stellar job at giving the public confidence that the investigation is being managed objectively.

Or perhaps "the authorities" is sometimes merely unnamed sources leaking information to a voracious media and an anxious public looking to be able to "solve" the riddle of why this man did the inexplicable so the door can be closed and locked on this fear. It's normal to want to solve this puzzle and feel like this fear can be explained away, never to return. The truth is this underlying motivation may never be explained. Fear and curiosity abhor a vacuum. That's more likely why conspiracy theories keep appearing. There's also the profit motive of the media to be factored in -- gotta keep those eyeballs focused to keep the positive cash flow.

Yep, there's quite a lot of people who either do not participate in the social media dance, or there are those who participate and utilize security protocols and manage to navigate social media in virtual privacy.

I don't disagree and happen to be one of those people. And was among the first here to point out is it is entirely possible that Paddock's motives will never be determined.

My point was the lack of information on the key players (of which "social media/ online presence" is only one component, albeit a beaten, obvious suspect one the MSM has become addicted to) is a big part of what is fueling the conspiracy posts.

Or as the saying goes, in the absence of information, imaginations run wild.

Conspiracy theories were popping up from the beginning. They keep happening because people buy into them and the people who create and push them make money.

Or as the saying goes, in the absence of information, imaginations run wild.

Imaginations run wild regardless because of people's world views. The moon landing was fake, even though we spent 10 years and billions of dollars on the space program. Oh, and the earth is flat, regardless of evidence to the contrary (after all, we never went to the moon!). Sandy Hook was faked. 9/11 was an inside job, or entirely fake. The Aurora shooting was fake. Paul McCartney is dead. The Clintons raped children in the basement of a pizza parlor. And Obama is from Kenya.

All because of a lack of information?

Imaginations run wild regardless because of people's world views. The moon landing was fake, even though we spent 10 years and billions of dollars on the space program. Oh, and the earth is flat, regardless of evidence to the contrary (after all, we never went to the moon!). Sandy Hook was faked. 9/11 was an inside job, or entirely fake. The Aurora shooting was fake. Paul McCartney is dead. The Clintons raped children in the basement of a pizza parlor. And Obama is from Kenya.

Hadn't heard that one, do people really say that? SMH.

I just saw on Yahoo homepage (I know, it's Yahoo, but that is where my email is) the headliner is the story about Campos vanishing.
I don't get it, there is no evidence the man is actually missing. There is some union rep saying he is. Why do the news media outlets report this stuff?
On a personal note I do love reading the comments from readers but at the same time it scares me that there are people out there that think they way they do. I'm in my little bubble, my family and friends, and you guys here on the DIS. Sure there are some in my bubble that I wonder about LOL, but reading the comments on Yahoo, or other sites just shows how many really crazy people there are out there :scared1:

There's even a conspiracy theory that Avril Lavigne died and was replaced by a double.

There's even a conspiracy theory that Avril Lavigne died and was replaced by a double.

Why? That would be my question, why would it be necessary?

No offense to Avril Lavigne whatsoever. I'm sure her family and friends would be devastated to lose her and I hope she is quite healthy and happy. However, I just don't see why she would have any type of special status that would require replacing her with a double if she were to suddenly lose her life? A politician key to an upcoming vote or a major celebrity on the lines of a Michael Jackson, Prince, Carrie Fisher even -- someone with some major upcoming project would be much more plausible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter