Laptops & Internet Access @ WDW

MickeyMcMouse

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I am thinking of taking my laptop to VWL this time and wonder if anyone has experienced this.

I have AOL so I pressume all I need is a local dial up number to connect. If I make local calls from the room ( I think I seen a connection on the side of the phone for laptops or is it down beside the phone socket .... ) does this cost anything, as in the past I have been very wary of using hotel phones !

many thanks

David :)

Sorry, can't help with the question - just bumping up in the hope that someone else can!

Well, I don't know how UK AOL works with the US one, but I'll share what I do know.

Yes, there is a data port on all the Disney phones.

If you are in a regular Disney room, it cost 75cents a call, if you are DVC'ing on points then it's 45cents per call. Basically, as long as it's <b>local</b> call (if you're not sure, then check with the Front desk and they can confirm whether it's a local number or not), then that is ALL you pay for each call...no matter how long you're connected (unless it's a premium rate number) - so it's really not bad :D

Penny :D

Thanks very much girls, now, do I take it or not ......

Could join in chat if I can get the times right ;)

David:)

Hi,
Be careful using AOL in the US as I believe they impose a £4 (yes FOUR POUNDS!!)per hour surcharge.Check "keyword billing" on the AOL front page.

Mick.

:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter