Laptop question

Tozzie

DIS Veteran
Question for anyone who has taken one of the trips. I just booked a trip for next year, when I travel I usually bring my laptop with me mostly to keep me occupied on the plane and in the hotel at night. After reading the itinerary for the trip, I am not sure if I should bring it. I am leaning towards bringing it because I have a 6 hour flight each way. I am not worried about packing it as my carry on has a pocket for it but I would like opinions from others, especially if you have done one of the trips already.

Thanks!!

I took my laptop on the Southwest Splendors trip last year and I plan on taking it with me this year. I use it to download pictures from my camera each night and begin organizing those each night as well as for diversion on the long plane trip from the east coast. Actually these days I rarely travel without my laptop. I didn't have any problems leaving it in my room on those days we were not traveling between locations and on days we were traveling I left it on the coach. I did put it away those days I left it in the room. Have a great time on your trip.

We took ours on Southwest Splendors as well. It turned out to be really helpful because there were several places we went where I didn't have blackberry or cell reception, but I could check email, etc., because I had my laptop. All the hotels where we stayed provided free internet connections, and some had wireless as well. I'd take it. We left it on out on the desk of every room we had and didn't worry about it at all.

We were glad to have it on the Peru trip. We took so many pictures, it was good to download them each night! All our hotels had free wireless as well.

Be aware that the internet cost can be high in Europe; I am in a hotel right now where the cost is 20 Euros/24 hours. You may want to consider a Boingo account if you are travelling to Europe.

Thanks everyone I think I will take it. Thanks very much for the warning Bavaria but I am going on a trip in the USA.

Boingo is still a great deal in the US; it costs about the same per month as two days of hotel charges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter