LAPTOP Question at Resorts

Buckleybunch

<font color=red>Okay, I'm excited...<br><font colo
I just gotten my laptop and I'm taking it to disney with us. So I can upload pictures an all that fun stuff.
Where do I leave it when we go to the parks? IS the safe at the poly big enough to stick it in there?
What is the dialing up charges ?

Thanks
Linda

Yes, the safes at the Poly are larger and you can fit your laptop inot them. It's $.75 for each outgoing call, and I think after a certain numbe rof minutes you begin to get charged by teh minute.

Anne

I always leave my laptop in the room, have never had a problem.

Sometimes set up, if it is a working trip for hubby, lol..sometimes I put it away.

Phone calls 75 cents each...no additional charge for extra minutes. Make sure you set up a local number when you get there.

I'm at BWV right now on my laptop! I bought a cable lock at Best Buy which attaches to the lock slot on the side of your computer. You can tie it to a table or the bed frame.

I have had my laptop sitting out when I leave the room at Beach Club and AKL and not had a problem at either one!

OK, so whats the local, locale of WDW.
I mean, kissimme, is that long distance? Orlando?
Even though they are all 407 area codes, I would think Orlando would have charges...

At OKW, I leave a little network out all day every day. I have two laptops that I bring with a crossover cable. I share out the dial up internet connection from one to the other. this way I can have both laptops surfing at the same time.

We used our laptop w/ the wireless internet access out all day at the ADMu and never had a problem.
BTW the wireless worked very well.

we own internet bizzys and take 2 laps with us every trip- stayed at yc,poly,bc,gf all conc and all non conc and always left them open and in plain site- never had a problem one- usually they leave some towel or animal on them for the kids.

also do the wireless thing and had no prob at gf but had dsl at yc and bc and had to do phone line at poly- hooked up and stayed on all day and night from start to finish and had a 2 line phone brought in so i still was able to call out and receive calls

good luck

The only reason we brought a laptop was to upload all the digital pics each day, so we could start the new day with fresh memory in the camera. Also was nicer to see the larger images of the photos taken that day.

Otherwise, I get to surf enough when at home in the real world!!!

I've always left my laptop out at the WDW resorts, and my husband does too, and we've never had a problem ...

The Kissimee(sp) numbers are not local. Orlando is the local number. There is a telephone book in the room and in the front it tells you the local numbers. My DH made a mistake last year and did Kissimee and we were charged a lot of money. Also you can call the front desk and ask them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter