Lansky Questions - LAX to Disneyland

Minion89

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone!

I have a few questions about Lansky’s car service from LAX to Disneyland. I had posted this on the transportation board, and they suggested I may have better luck posting it here.

1. How often in advance do they book up? Is it common for them to sell-out or be unavailable on certain days?

2. Even though my reservation will be for a party of three, I am planning on reserving one of their bigger, 6-person capacity vehicles so that we will have more than enough room for us and our luggage. If I do this, what is the likelihood of having another party share our ride? I had a really bad experience with a shared shuttle a few years ago, and I want the car to be for just my party. Will I need to make a special request on the reservation for this?

This will be the first time I have used their service, so if you have any other tips or information, I would be glad to hear them.

Thank you!

They are not a shared service. You can book directly through their site. Just let them know your luggage needs in the comments section when you book, and they'll email you an invoice for the appropriate car, which you can pay online. Just booked our cars for Dec 15 and 22 yesterday - totally hassle free. We always request a car seat and booster from them, plus enough space for suitcases and a stroller, and they're great about accommodating. They'll also make a grocery stop on the way to your hotel if you'd like.

We exclusively use Lansky now. Had a horrible experience on a shared shuttle as well. Lansky is not a shared service. There is no trolling for passengers nor are there other passengers with you. Their vehicles are clean, the service is on time, efficient, and the drivers are professional. I have spoken with Daniel Kang several times over the years, especially my first time using them. I would book them as soon as you have all the particulars (flight and hotel). I would then call and make any special requests, if necessary. I just booked them for our December trip last week and noticed that the vehicle type was listed on the invoice. After booking, I would look at your invoice and you may not need to make any request.

I used them and they're great. As soon as we left the gate area, and headed towards the luggage pick up, we say the driver holding a sign with our name on it. He helped me get our bags, knew where to find the car seat, and we were on our way straight to the hotel. Well we stopped at the grocery store, by our request. A perfect experience.

How does this compare to Uber or Lyft? I was planning on just using one of those since it would be easier (no pre-booking). Any advantage to Lansky?

We had a bad experience with Lansky recently. The driver got lost twice, first getting to our hotel and then getting back to Disneyland from the hotel. He asked us to give him directions which I was pretty irked about because we incurred roaming data charges to do so. Call me crazy but when I hire a service the provides transportation I expect them to know where they're going or to use their own gps if they don't.

It was really odd because we have previously had good experiences.

We had a bad experience with Lansky recently. The driver got lost twice, first getting to our hotel and then getting back to Disneyland from the hotel. He asked us to give him directions which I was pretty irked about because we incurred roaming data charges to do so. Call me crazy but when I hire a service the provides transportation I expect them to know where they're going or to use their own gps if they don't.

That sounds super frustrating! I have never used Lansky so I can't comment on experiences with them, but I did have an Uber driver do the same thing to me. As we were getting closer to the hotel he kept asking me which side of the street it was on. I was unfamiliar with what direction we were coming from so I kept telling him that I didn't know (um, isn't that what your GPS/phone directions are for?!). He seemed very angry with me. After the ride, my perfect 5 star rating was reduced to 4.7. I can't believe he gave me a bad rating for not knowing where I was going when I was on vacation. Some people are just unbelievable.

Thank you everyone for the responses and input! With DME now being a paid service and having less than stellar reviews online, I figured it would be best to try Lansky.

This is not a direct answer to the OPs question, but it might help anyone interested in non-shared transportation from LAX....that's not Uber. :)

My husband and I are going to DLR this December through LAX, and looked at the price through Lansky. At $240 round-trip (not including gratuity), I wanted to see what SuperShuttle would cost. In the reservation process, I discovered SuperShuttle joined with ExecuCar and a round-trip, non-shared Business Express car ride total cost is $169.92 (with Retailmenot discount and gratuity included). They have other non-shared ride options for more passengers and larger vehicles - if you have different needs.

Adding the same gratuity rate to Lansky, I calculated Lansky costs $113 more than ExecuCar. Lansky offers one 20-minute grocery stop, but with so many stores doing delivery and Amazon, having that stop wasn't critical for us. And if our flight arrived late, Lansky couldn't guarantee the grocery run because they have a schedule to keep. So we are going with ExecuCar because it's decidedly a cheaper non-shared (1-stop) ride and that cost savings is a goodly amount of food or souvenirs at the parks.

We've used Lansky a few times and really liked them (except for 1 time when our plane arrived on time and showed us as arrived but wouldn't let us off for like 30 minutes the guy was grumpy with us). There is only 4 of us and they always pick us up in the larger vehicle to help out with luggage. Your booking the vehicle as a private transportation you will not share with anyone else. When we don't use Lansky we use Lyft as we like our personal rides compared to shared rides as well.

we have been using lansky for several years now and always had the best experience, even when our flight was delayed, the driver patiently waited for us.. and another time our luggage was super late coming out, no prob, the driver was super nice about it and told us not to worry. we just booked another trip with Lansky for our Nov trip.

We have used they twice. the trips were 4 years apart and we had the same driver both times. We were delayed getting off the plane. When we arrived at baggage claim he was waiting for us and he had already picked up our luggage. 3 adults. He was driving a suburban. Would definately use them again.

I apologies any inconvenience for you.
We hired 2 new driver last months. Please understanding
They getting better now

Thank you everyone for the responses and input! With DME now being a paid service and having less than stellar reviews online, I figured it would be best to try Lansky.

Disneyland has never had DME like WDW. Disneyland Express has always been an independent company that you had to pay for. It was Grayline, now Coach USA. They only run once an hour from LAX and SNA and are not 24 hours. I rode it a few years ago and at that time I think they ran every 30 minutes in the middle of the day but now only once an hour.

My daughter and I used Lansky on our trip from lax to Disneyland a few weeks ago. We thought the service was fabulous. Our driver was on time and the car was spotless. He made a stop at target for us also. I would definitely recommend.

We used Lansky for our trip to Disneyland last Christmas and I have booked them again for this year's trip. I like that it is not a shared ride and last year we were delayed getting off the plane (plane was not lined up for the gangway), the driver was waiting for us at baggage claim. This year we actually requested that the driver meet us 1 hour after our flight arrives as my Mom is mobility impaired and after last year seeing how far baggage claim was we will be using the airline's wheelchair assistance to baggage claim and having an hour will make it easier for us to not have to rush. While the cost is a little higher than others, we were very pleased with the service from Lansky and I have been reading horror stories about other limo/shuttle services.

OP Here! This service was amazing! The driver was polite, courteous, and on-time. The car was spacious and clean. I highly recommend them :thumbsup2

OP Here! This service was amazing! The driver was polite, courteous, and on-time. The car was spacious and clean. I highly recommend them :thumbsup2

Glad to hear...I booked them for our Christmas trip to Disneyland!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter