Language @ DLP

disneydavey

Mouseketeer
hi

me and my girlfriend are goin in a few weeks and are wondering about the language barrier at the parks as we dont speak french, are the rides in english/french or just french, i was thinking about this for rides such as the haunted mansion and rock n roller coaster as well as some of the shows, i probably sound dead selfish but id like to be able to enjoy the shows as much as everyone else if there was at least some part of the ride in English

Cheers

Dave & Suzie
::MickeyMo

The rides are in French for the most part from what I can remember but they do have English bits in some of the rides.

I speak some French so can understand quite a bit of the French soundtracks but my other half doesn't speak more than the odd word and it hasn't affected her enjoyment - she stills loves it more than anywhere else in the world.

The shows have quite a bit of English usually alternated with French - being longer than a ride I guess they have to keep people of all langauge levels entertained.

Any show or attraction which relies on the spoken word for a critical part of the story will be at least bi-lingual. This will be either a mixture of languages spoken alternately, or similtaneous translation through headphones. I don't speak any French and have never had any language difficulties in DLP.

Regards

Rob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter