• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Language barrier...

MarcsMinnie

Earning My Ears
I have never been to Disneyland Paris which would be the reason for this RIDICULOUS question. What is the central language spoken by those who work in the park? When I graduate college, I would like to move to Paris for Grad school but would also like to spend a summer working there. My French is okay but I am just curious. Thanks! :mickeybar

MarcsMinnie said:
I have never been to Disneyland Paris which would be the reason for this RIDICULOUS question. What is the central language spoken by those who work in the park? When I graduate college, I would like to move to Paris for Grad school but would also like to spend a summer working there. My French is okay but I am just curious. Thanks! :mickeybar

When I went...English was spoken to the guests...my cousin worked there for a season as a Dancer...I'd hav to check and see what she says. She did take high school French...so if you comprehension is around that or better, you'll be okay.

In the 4 times I have been I have never met a cast member who didn't speak English! All anouncements are made in several languages, including English and rides like Pirates of the Caribbean have English parts slotted in amongst the French.

I speak some French but the wife doesn't speak a word and she has never found any problems being understand or understanding what is presented to her.

As others have said you'll find that all the main visitors language are used.
Cast Members who speak languages other than French are easy to spot since their name badge displays the flags of the other languages.

Reid

We read somewhere that castmembers are required to speak English. We have been a good few times and cannot speak a word of French and never
had a problem. We have also been to Park Asterix and not been so lucky!!!

Had an awful time trying to find Hard Rock Cafe in Paris though!!! I don't think the French appreciate "American food". No offence intended.

Susan

All Cast Members are required to speak 3 European languages: French, English and one third (preferly German).

Ive always found that everyone speaks English - even if I try a bit of my schoolgirl French to be polite! I must speak French really badly lol.

We couldn't speak a word of French when we went and didn't have any trouble except when we were trying to order a plain hamburger in Annette's but I think that may have been more that the French waiter didn't understand the concept of "plain" food!! No offence to any French people reading! We did notice that a lot of the the menus were French only so we were glad we took along a little French dictionary which also came in handy at the stations en route as v little English was spoken there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter