Land/Sea Insurance

RysMomma

DIS Veteran
We were just talking to our travel agent and we just found out that WDW got rid of their option of travel insurance back in January. We were going to purchase travel insurance at our PIF date for both the land portion as well as the sea. Now, we are trying to figure out what to do. We went to the popular site mentioned on here and wanted to get a quote for a "cancel for any reason" option. DCL has that, but it doesn't seem that I can purchase separate insurance for the parks through that website. Has anyone done this? Purchased from just the cruise through DCL but then land through something else? Just curious. Thanks!

*I also understand that the "cancel for any reason" option is something that I'm going to spend a lot for. Thanks!

I don't think the DCL coverage is that great. I would get an outside policy that covers both.

We've used TravelGuard Gold for each of our cruises and they're the most reasonable for the coverage you get. The Gold policy has free coverage for kids.

You certainly will pay more for "cancel for any reason" coverage, and you need to read the fine print there, not just with TravelGuard, with any policy. There are exceptions and conditions on "any reason." Also, there's a time limit as to when you can sign up for that, I think it has to be within 30-60 days of booking or some such.

We just got our insurance- Allianz. A bit more, but this Alaska cruise is more complicated than just our usual Bahamas/Carribean cruises. More segments, flights, hotels etc. Spent a bit more, highly rated.

Disney’s insurance that ONLY covers your Cruise was $600 for our family. I always get our own policy, through USAA, (but there at similar policies elsewhere) and it was $300. This will cover our cruise, any excursions we book, our airfare, hotels... anything non refundable and we have the cancel anytime option because we bought it within 30 days of our deposit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!