Lamplight... World of Color....

We'll be there mid-december but have never tried to eat there during WoC. Can you really see anything? How does that work? What time should I make the reservation for assuming WoC will be at 9 pm?

We'll be there mid-december but have never tried to eat there during WoC. Can you really see anything?
I've never watched WoC from the downstairs seating area, so I don't know what kind of a view that has. The upstairs dining area (the old Cove Bar location) has a few tables that have a pretty good view of the show, but the view is to the side. So you'll be able to see the water fountains and the projections, they just won't line up like they do if you're watching from the normal viewing area.
DSC_0141_zpsdalxzasy.jpg

I've never watched WoC from the downstairs seating area, so I don't know what kind of a view that has. The upstairs dining area (the old Cove Bar location) has a few tables that have a pretty good view of the show, but the view is to the side. So you'll be able to see the water fountains and the projections, they just won't line up like they do if you're watching from the normal viewing area.
DSC_0141_zpsdalxzasy.jpg

So what time should we try to reserve to try to get a good table?

So what time should we try to reserve to try to get a good table?
The upstairs dining area doesn't take reservations (you might be able to request an upstairs table even if you have a reservations - they didn't offer upstairs as one of the seating opens when I went last, but others have said you could choose - but note that the menu is more limited upstairs) and I don't know how the downstairs dining area would work (the indoor tables probably won't have much of a view). In terms of when to try to dine, it depends on when WoC is slated for and when the park closes. When it was the Cove Bar, they used to do last call about an hour before the park closes or 9:00 pm (I think), whichever comes first. So there could be over an hour gap between last call and when WoC starts. I don't know if this still the case, but it would be something to look into when trying to decide when to dine. In general, I would probably aim to arrive about 2 hours before WoC is slated to start if you're doing a walk-up (that gives you time to be seated) or maybe about an hour beforehand (if doing a reservation), but it all depends on last call.

For what it's worth, I called Disney Dining this morning to order a celebration cake, and I asked the CM I spoke with whether he could tell me about the possibility of World of Color Dessert Parties for the holidays. He said that they received a "hard no" yesterday about WoC and that it will not be back until 2019. Of course, CMs do their best with the information they have, and another CM might have said something different, but that's what I was told this morning. I asked if there was any chance of extending PtN now that (according to him) WoC is a definite no, and he said that no, it will be "old school DCA" without shows at night throughout the holidays. He also told me that Fantasmic! will be running nightly during the week of December 17 (I asked because that's when I'll be there).

I am bummed about (allegedly) no WoC (I've never seen the holiday version and the Dessert Party is our favorite way to end our stay) and PtN (which I've never seen at all)... but hey. I'll be at Disneyland during the holidays. I'll get to ride the Incredicoaster at night. There are worse things. ;)

For what it's worth, I called Disney Dining this morning to order a celebration cake, and I asked the CM I spoke with whether he could tell me about the possibility of World of Color Dessert Parties for the holidays. He said that they received a "hard no" yesterday about WoC and that it will not be back until 2019. Of course, CMs do their best with the information they have, and another CM might have said something different, but that's what I was told this morning. I asked if there was any chance of extending PtN now that (according to him) WoC is a definite no, and he said that no, it will be "old school DCA" without shows at night throughout the holidays. He also told me that Fantasmic! will be running nightly during the week of December 17 (I asked because that's when I'll be there).

I am bummed about (allegedly) no WoC (I've never seen the holiday version and the Dessert Party is our favorite way to end our stay) and PtN (which I've never seen at all)... but hey. I'll be at Disneyland during the holidays. I'll get to ride the Incredicoaster at night. There are worse things. ;)
Well, that is a bummer, but you are right, it is still Disney!!! We are taking my son and his fiance', neither of whom have seen WOC or PTN, and I was hoping they would get to see it. We'll have to make do with F! and Fireworks. ;-)

Well, that is a bummer, but you are right, it is still Disney!!! We are taking my son and his fiance', neither of whom have seen WOC or PTN, and I was hoping they would get to see it. We'll have to make do with F! and Fireworks. ;-)

I really hope woc is back by end of feb. east coaster so won’t be back for awhile

For what it's worth, I called Disney Dining this morning to order a celebration cake, and I asked the CM I spoke with whether he could tell me about the possibility of World of Color Dessert Parties for the holidays. He said that they received a "hard no" yesterday about WoC and that it will not be back until 2019...

Thank you for this update, sad news though it is! I know CMs were really hoping that they could tell guests that WOC would be back soon, but at least this saves people from staying up all night trying to see if dining package reservations open up for their dates. Like you said, other CMs may have different news to report; but for now, this is all we have to work with.

Last edited:

So sad since I’m coming from the east coast... but you’re right, it’s still Disney! Makes RD to DL the next day easier with earlier nights from DCA too :rotfl:

I spoke with a Dine Line CM yesterday who confirmed that WOC will not be returning this year. She said that they have been told quite firmly that it is not going to happen and that there is currently no time frame for when WOC will be back next year. On the bright side, this means more free evenings and more spending money!

I spoke with a Dine Line CM yesterday who confirmed that WOC will not be returning this year. She said that they have been told quite firmly that it is not going to happen and that there is currently no time frame for when WOC will be back next year. On the bright side, this means more free evenings and more spending money!

I’m starting to get the feeling that it’s really really broken. It broke in what may? So we are coming up on 6-7 months down. That’s really significant damage.

For the seat yourself do you hound tables like a bar ORRRRRR do you put your name in?

I’m starting to get the feeling that it’s really really broken. It broke in what may? So we are coming up on 6-7 months down. That’s really significant damage.

I agree. So sad. It might have actually gone down before that. We were there in May and it wasn't up and they kept saying they hoped to have it fixed soon. I was hoping it would be up for Christmas because it's my favorite show but I think it must really have big issue to be down for this long.

If WOC comes back does that mean Paint the Night goes away? Just curious.
I am coming in Jan 19-21st, maybe WOC will be done in time... maybe....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!