Lamplight Lounge reservations

wdwfan22

Totally Obsessed Disney Nut!
I have been looking at making an evening reservation for the Lamplight Lounge. I looked at 8am pacific time this morning, and was not able to find an evening one, only lunch.

Are they really booking up that fast in the morning? How early do the online reservations open online?

Reservations open at 60 days out, online this goes live at midnight California and the phone lines open at 8 AM California time.

I just booked our reservations 60 days out and online went live at 3 am Pacific and phone lines open at 8 am Pacific time.

so if I want to book at 60 days in California time do I go online at midnight or at 3 am?

For those that can't snag a reservation keep checking. There are always cancellations especially 24-48 hours in advance. I just grabbed a dinner reservation for tomorrow.

Get the Disneyland app. Refresh whenever you can during the day. People cancel all the time. if you are a Disney hotel guest, call to see if they have a spot open. They keep a few open for hotle guests.

Hope it's okay to jump in here. I've read conflicting info about reservations for the Lamplighter and would love some clarification:

I've heard they will ask you if you want upstairs or down when you arrive for your ADR and I've also heard that reservations are for downstairs only (with the full menu) and that upstairs is for walk-ins?

I was going to make reservations but nice to know. I’d rather have the upstairs and enjoy the bar

Hope it's okay to jump in here. I've read conflicting info about reservations for the Lamplighter and would love some clarification:

I've heard they will ask you if you want upstairs or down when you arrive for your ADR and I've also heard that reservations are for downstairs only (with the full menu) and that upstairs is for walk-ins?

This is correct. However, they do hold back reservations for walk ups downstairs too.

Thank you! Can I make ADR and then ask to sit upstairs when I arrive and not have to go on a waiting list?

No, the ADR is only for for downstairs dining. The upstairs area is a bar only and the only food available to order are the appetizers. Think of it as two separate restaurants. If you want to sit upstairs, outside, you don't make an ADR but you will have to wait. You can only orders drinks and apps. There is no theming here. If you want to eat indoors and see the theming, you need either an ADR or you need to arrive right when they open and inquire about openings later in the day, or be willing to wait for a table.

When you arrive with an ADR, they don't ask "upstairs or downstairs", they ask "inside or outside" The downstairs has both indoor dining and an outside patio.

DLgal--I so appreciate the clarification. I've been trying to figure this out and I got the inside/outside mixed up with the upstairs/downstairs. Good to know! The Cove was a favorite so I think I'll make one ADR and also do walk up for upstairs.

DLgal--I so appreciate the clarification. I've been trying to figure this out and I got the inside/outside mixed up with the upstairs/downstairs. Good to know! The Cove was a favorite so I think I'll make one ADR and also do walk up for upstairs.

Just FYI, there is nothing left from the Cove Bar days except the lobster nachos. If you are looking for the specialty "secret menu" drinks that the Cove Bar used to have, most can now be found at Alfresco Tasting Terrace. Most people don't know about this, so it is very easy to get a seat up there and their food items are all fantastic as well (Italian style small plates).

I actually prefer Alfresco Tasting Terrace nowadays. The LL bar outside, upstairs, is NOTHING like Cove Bar used to be. The new drinks aren't good (all are way too sweet) and since I didn't like the lobster nachos anyway, I don't miss it at all. They ruined the Cove Bar with this renovation and it is usually pretty empty these days.

Dang...good to know. I appreciate the suggestion for the Alfresco Tasting Terrace.

Just FYI, there is nothing left from the Cove Bar days except the lobster nachos. If you are looking for the specialty "secret menu" drinks that the Cove Bar used to have, most can now be found at Alfresco Tasting Terrace. Most people don't know about this, so it is very easy to get a seat up there and their food items are all fantastic as well (Italian style small plates).

I actually prefer Alfresco Tasting Terrace nowadays. The LL bar outside, upstairs, is NOTHING like Cove Bar used to be. The new drinks aren't good (all are way too sweet) and since I didn't like the lobster nachos anyway, I don't miss it at all. They ruined the Cove Bar with this renovation and it is usually pretty empty these days.

DLgal I asked this question on another thread and didn't get an answer--perhaps you could help me with it. What is the difference between the Alfresco, Mendocino and Sonoma Tasting Terraces. I notice they are all in the same general vicinity and I didn't realize there were 3.

and also FYI, even if you request inside, to see the new decor, you very well may be seated outside on couches. It's not ideal.

DLgal I asked this question on another thread and didn't get an answer--perhaps you could help me with it. What is the difference between the Alfresco, Mendocino and Sonoma Tasting Terraces. I notice they are all in the same general vicinity and I didn't realize there were 3.

Okay, here's a rundown:

Alfresco Tasting Terrace: upstairs (take the stairs to the right of the podium for Wine Country Trattoria), covered balcony with regular tables, high top bar tables and a couple couches with low tables. It's a bar/lounge. No reservations needed, but you need to be seated by a hostess and will have wait service. They have an extensive wine list, wine samplers, and beers in addition to specialty cocktails. The Fun Wheel is a menu item, but they also can make Neverland Tea, Sea Witch, Black Pearl, and one other secret menu drink. They have small plates like flatbread, meatballs, charcuterie, and some other things.

Mendocino Terrace is a walk up, counter service wine bar. They do not make cocktails here. There is no food available. You can get wines by the glass, beers, and bottled water. There are some tables, but very little shade here. You go up a half flight of stairs from the main walkway to get there.

Sonoma Terrace is at ground level and was recently expanded. During the day, this is a walk up bar, similar to Mendocino Terrace, but beer is the star here. They offer only 3 wines, a red, white, and sparking. They also serve some light snacks like soft pretzels and some Piadina style sandwiches. There is both covered and uncovered seating here, at tables. At night, this is where they have the Paint the Night Reception.

Hope this helps!

Thank you--tried to make sense of this from the Disney website and I was confused. This all makes sense now: I realize I have been to Mendocino Terrace, but not the other two. I am definitely going to be going to the Alfresco. I so appreciate the rundown!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!