Lady, you are not entitled to my time!

My mom just got her 3rd grandparents scam call!!! caller says this is your oldest grandson and then say theyre in a car accident or in jail in Mexico

and they need money to get out or free--the first time my mom played along and got the info where they wanted the money sent to

a few hours later they call back saying you didnt send the money--she said thats right and Im no going to--she gave all the info she got to the police which her oldest grandson happens to be my son who is a police officer!!!! shes pretty smart for 86!!!

the same day my son did call her to come for dinner--my mom asked him some questions --like whats your wifes name my son had a good laugh when my mom was 100% it was him but gave her alot of credit for catching on

the other day I got a very polite telemarketer when I said now I have all the info I need for the police he said "thank you" and hung up

another one I said Im turning all this over to the police dept for harresment the lady said Im reporting you for harresement and hung up--I thought who called who!!!

I love the ones from microsoft who can hardly speak english but there telling me theres a problem with my computer but they can fix it yeah ok

I love the one someone posted once here about a com that called about cleaning furnace ducts she went on and on about how they dont have any ducks!!! guy said oh no the ones on your furance --she said we dont keep ducts in the furance sometimes we have them in the living room

she went on and on until the guy finally hung up---it was so funny

I don't answer my phone unless the caller is in my Contacts (AND if I want to talk to them). If it's something important, whomever it is will leave a voicemail, which I may return if I so choose, at any time in the future that I choose, if ever.

If you lack the self control to not answer your phone, try this:
  • Make your default ringer a silent one and deactivate any vibration
  • Assign each of your contacts an actual ringer that makes noise
  • Only answer your phone when an audible ringtone goes off
  • Keep your phone in your damn pocket like an actual adult and not in your face all the time like a crack baby in a coke shop
Regarding the door, if I am not aware that someone is coming over, I will not answer it. My friends are well aware of this policy, and will always call prior to coming over (even if they have to call from the driveway), as unexpected guests are not welcome and will not be permitted into my house.

Normally I just hang up on them with no comment. Twice I have done otherwise.

One was just a few weeks ago and they asked for my mom. Well, my mom died in 2013 so that is what I told her. The poor girl sounded so flustered and apologized, saying they would take the number off their list. I have not heard back since.

The second was years ago. They kept calling for my dad who no longer lived at home as my parents had gotten divorced. I tried to explain that he didn't live there and that I didn't have a way to contact him (I mean, I did have a way but wasn't going to). They refused to stop calling. They would yell and swear at me. So the next time they called, the phone went up against a speaker blaring Rammstein. Never heard from them again, most likely because they were not deaf.

I don't answer from unknown numbers. If it's important they will leave a vm. I only give out our landline which we never answer. That caller id shows a lot of junk calls.
I never answer our door unless expecting someone. I work at home and get about 3 clip board holders/leaf letters a week. I can see them and they can probably see me. Why would I open the door to someone I don't know? Having a barky dog has helped, they leave pretty quickly. Even a neighbor will call or text before popping over.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter