Ladies, what is your favourite shoe to wear in the parks?

Skechers! Usually GoWalk with memory foam. Like walking around with slippers, they are so light and comfortable!

I have little toe issues. For our first Disney trip, I lived in Sketchers Go Walks, but these now give me an issue.
for Disneyland, I brought 4 different pairs...naot, skechers on the go, Teva Verra sandals and another. The only pair that worked were the Teva Verra.

I have had luck with Nike memory foam, it think free run. but running shoes are so hot, especially in Florida. I have some really comfy strappy sandals from Teva, but they are not very cushy. I have Nike memory foam flip flops and they are cool and cushy, but i think it is harder to walk in flip flops all day. I just bought some Skechers Reggae Vacay sandals that I am hoping will be the best of all worlds: Cool, memory foam cushioned, and have a back strap for easier walking than flip flops.

I love the Earth Sandals at Walmart for Disney trios. Great support, traction, and can get wet (they do take a day to dry out after a run on GRR though so i bring 2 pair).

I need to buy a new pair of shoes for our trip in June. I'm thinking a lace up running / walking shoe is the best choice. I may also buy a casual sandal as well. I was looking at the crocs swift water as a possibility. I want to see them in person though, not sure if they're that stylish.

Any suggestions on a running shoe? I want something stylish that I can wear with shorts and tees. What's your favourite to wear in the parks?

I have foot problems and have a difficult time finding comfortable shoes, especially for the huge amount of walking required at Disney. However, I wear Easy Spirit tennis shoes and trade off with brooks tennis shoes. Both of these are comfortable and allow me to go all day in the parks.
I can't wear sandals in the parks, not comfortable for me, so no help there.

Another vote for Sanuk yoga slings. I love the cushion sole and they stay on so much better than flip flops.
I never wear shoes with support, though, so my feet are used to them. If you are used to wearing something with support, you would need to get your feet acclimated first.

I love my Okabashi Maui flip flops or any of the sandals. They have great arch support, you can put them through the dishwasher to clean, come in tons of colors, and are pretty inexpensive.

All that said, we love Keens (lace ups, mary janes, waterproof sandals). For us, that brand has worked consistently well over the years -- for plantar fasciitis, high arches, narrow feet, hip and knee problems, etc. Other DISers will jump in with what works best for them. Know your feet and their unique needs. Then try on different shoes to see what works best for you. Good luck!

We love Keens too, especially for quick drying in water/rain situations. I have fallen arches and often need extra arch support, so I usually can't wear sandals for lots of walking. For some reason, I don't need them with Keens. They are even good in cool conditions, because you can wear socks and remove them as the day gets warm. Yes, we are the weirdos wearing Cheshire Cat striped knee socks with our Keens:ccat:

I switch my shoes also: I love wearing OOFOS Shock-Absorbing Sandal (credit to Disney Tourist Blog for great advice on shoes for Disney) for a very very comfortable well cushioned flip flop. If my feet feel sore, I will alternate with my trail hiking shoes: Altra Lone Peaks (quite unattractive, but very comfortable). In the evening, if it is cooler, I will sometimes change into Teva De la Vina low boots.

I like cobians. I found a recommendation for them on this site. They were great! My feet didn't hurt at all.

I have wider feet, and I've tried so many different shoes, but the ones I like the best are Teva classic mush flip flops. I can walk for miles in them without getting blisters. :sunny:

I have been a Crocs Cleo sandal girl for so many years, they served me well on at least ten years worth of Disney trips. This past year my feet have changed so much. I stand for 5 hours straight at my job and the only shoe that my foot can handle that kind of stress in are my Sketchers Go Walks. I'm hoping they work for DLR next month.

My only problem is i always wear flowy skirts or sundresses to Disney. I'm not sure the Go Walks will be cute with a skirt. But fashion is not really at the top of my list anymore. Comfort is key.

I have wider feet, and I've tried so many different shoes, but the ones I like the best are Teva classic mush flip flops. I can walk for miles in them without getting blisters. :sunny:
I love my Teva Mush flip flops. I switch them out with my Crocs sandals for our trips.

I bought a pair of Teva Hurricanes for my trip to Disney World last summer. They were fantastic.

I wear Asics. They're comfortable right out of the box. I've found that I prefer Asics in the $80 range rather than the $100+ range. I could never get past 2pm in a sandal or flip flop. I need the cushioning and comfort of a sneaker. I have flat feet and can never choose cute shoes over comfortable shoes. I have problem feet.

Fit Flops

Fit Flops are my absolute favorite! I used to have so much pain in my heals and now none at all. I like the Lulu style. I did try mine on at a store first and then got a coupon and ordered what I wanted from the website. I usually wear a 7 and a 6 fit perfect!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter