LADIES: what bra do you wear, 2.0?

okienick

Mouseketeer
OK ladies...I'm trying to research the important things for my family to keep us comfortable on our next trip. I've been looking at socks the last couple of days, and now I want to look for bras. I've asked this question before, but I'm curious what other tips I might get and if anyone has the perfect one that's supportive, comfortable, no under wire and handles the sweat factor. Any recommendations? I should mention I'm a DD so it really needs to be supportive. I don't mind a good sport bra, but I also don't want to feel like I'm in a vice all day or like I'm trying to smash them flat. TIA!

Honestly, I rely on Victoria Secret bras for everyday use. I don't know how active you are at Disney, but I am certainly not running a marathon. With that said, I am comfortable walking all day in the parks and doing a little scurrying to get out of the rain/catch a reservation. Victoria Secret bras have always been incredibly supportive for me and other women I know. Just a heads up, they are expensive, averaging at $80 per bra; However, I think you will find it worth it. If you decide to purchase one, be mindful about drying it. DO NOT put it in the dryer. Put it in a delicate cold wash and let it air dry. Hope this helps!

Honestly, I rely on Victoria Secret bras for everyday use. I don't know how active you are at Disney, but I am certainly not running a marathon. With that said, I am comfortable walking all day in the parks and doing a little scurrying to get out of the rain/catch a reservation. Victoria Secret bras have always been incredibly supportive for me and other women I know. Just a heads up, they are expensive, averaging at $80 per bra; However, I think you will find it worth it. If you decide to purchase one, be mindful about drying it. DO NOT put it in the dryer. Put it in a delicate cold wash and let it air dry. Hope this helps!

Are you talking about VS sports bras or their regular bras? I assume you mean sports but maybe not??

Are you talking about VS sports bras or their regular bras? I assume you mean sports but maybe not??

No, I am referring to their regular bras, which I use for everything except dedicated exercise. I hesitated to say sport bra because like I said above, unless I am running a marathon, I don't require a sports bra. I will add that VS employees are incredibly helpful. If you go in and ask someone for help, they will measure you and find you the best bra for your needs. If you can afford both a sports bra and a regular one, I'd purchase both so you can get a feel before your trip which bra you'd prefer for the long park days. You could also pack both for your trip and decide the day of.

No, I am referring to their regular bras, which I use for everything except dedicated exercise. I hesitated to say sport bra because like I said above, unless I am running a marathon, I don't require a sports bra. I will add that VS employees are incredibly helpful. If you go in and ask someone for help, they will measure you and find you the best bra for your needs. If you can afford both a sports bra and a regular one, I'd purchase both so you can get a feel before your trip which bra you'd prefer for the long park days. You could also pack both for your trip and decide the day of.

I'm definitely not super active either, but I need support due to my bigger size. I prefer something without a wire at Disney since I'm sweating so much. I find wireless tend to be more comfortable for all day wear and when sweating through them. I am typically a VS girl myself but want overall comfort with support and breathable.

I'm definitely not super active either, but I need support due to my bigger size. I prefer something without a wire at Disney since I'm sweating so much. I find wireless tend to be more comfortable for all day wear and when sweating through them. I am typically a VS girl myself but want overall comfort with support and breathable.

Sorry I couldn't be much help. I'm not a large size myself, so I wouldn't know. I just know my friends who are D cups love VS just as much as I do, but obviously this doesn't apply here. Good luck!

I’m an DDD cup and I wear Victoria Secret sports bra. They do have underwire though. For a non-underwire bra I like Under Armour sports bras.

I’m an DDD cup and I wear Victoria Secret sports bra. They do have underwire though. For a non-underwire bra I like Under Armour sports bras.

Do you know if the VS sports bras go on sale during the semi-annual sale? I think I've purchased one at that time before. I'll check out the under Armour ones, thanks...where do you buy those at a decent price?

Do you know if the VS sports bras go on sale during the semi-annual sale? I think I've purchased one at that time before. I'll check out the under Armour ones, thanks...where do you buy those at a decent price?

Yes, they are always at the semi annual sale. The ones I usually get are about $55 at full price and I’ve gotten them for $20-25 during the sale. For the under armor ones, I get them in store at the under armor factory outlet. There’s also an online under amour outlet if you don’t live near one!

Third Love. Just started getting their bras recently and honestly I’ll never wear another brand again. I always got VS before.

OMG...I've wanted to try those bras for what seems like forever now!! Which styles do you wear?? When I've looked at their website, though, I get overwhelmed with choices. I know they have a fit finder, but I get nervous at that price point that I won't get the right style for me.

OMG...I've wanted to try those bras for what seems like forever now!! Which styles do you wear?? When I've looked at their website, though, I get overwhelmed with choices. I know they have a fit finder, but I get nervous at that price point that I won't get the right style for me.
I have a lace balconette and four of the everyday T-shirt bras (i think that’s what they’re called). I did the fit finder the first time and it was perfect for me but I know they have a deal where you can pay a bit extra and try it and then send it back for a new fit if you don’t like it.
I literally love them. I can’t believe how awful VS was when I compare to these.

I have a lace balconette and four of the everyday T-shirt bras (i think that’s what they’re called). I did the fit finder the first time and it was perfect for me but I know they have a deal where you can pay a bit extra and try it and then send it back for a new fit if you don’t like it.
I literally love them. I can’t believe how awful VS was when I compare to these.

Thank you!! sounds like I will be investing in some of those before my trip. I've wanted to try them for so long anyway.

VS has one- Body by Victoria wireless bra. Real cups for support, but no wires.

I would take the bras you wear everyday. I'm a B/C cup and hate breaking in a new bra and would never try to at WDW. Have a great trip.

I would take the bras you wear everyday. I'm a B/C cup and hate breaking in a new bra and would never try to at WDW. Have a great trip.

Yeah...I would definitely never take a brand new one to break in, so that's why I'm researching good options now.

I can only wear cooling/wicking style bras so the non-sports bra ones I wear are Playtex secrets cool shaping bra (my absolute favorite bra ever!) and Olga's play it cool bra. The olga comes in a wirefree, I'm not sure about the playtex.

I can only wear cooling/wicking style bras so the non-sports bra ones I wear are Playtex secrets cool shaping bra (my absolute favorite bra ever!) and Olga's play it cool bra. The olga comes in a wirefree, I'm not sure about the playtex.

I think they may sell both of those brands at Kohls...I'll have to check those out too. I just hate sweating through bras with the wire. I feel like it wears them out faster, and if I pay $50+ for a bra, I would prefer to not sweat through them multiple times. So I'm on a mission to find the perfect ones for Disney that is supportive, comfortable and breathable. Thanks for the recommendations.

HA...I just bought new Bali ones online at Kohls for my trip. Buy 1 get 1 half off. No wires......awww:-)
Then I bought Disney socks for myself and my daughter.....they have Stitch,Lilo, Alice in Wonderland, Mickey and the gang..........multiple Minnie Mouses and others...all on sale.
My tip is going back to the resort at least once and switching out the clothes. Nothing like feeling fresh in the Summer time. Sweating sucks:rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!