Ladies i need help deciding something!!!!!!!

Funball

DIS Veteran
:goodvibes ok soo it's been months since my last pedicure! not that my toes are gross or anything..i do cut them and such but i have not stepped into a nail shop in yeh i just said months.. i know sad right?:scared1: :laughing: ok well so i want to get my toes painted and then have a cool design put on them, but like can they do anything i ask? like if i wanted a sunflower on them can they paint that?:confused:

umm k thanks

well i ended up getting the offical color of dis lime green.. with white flowes and lots of bling!!

soo i was thinking that downtown disney needs a nail salon.. yep....

disneyland, uva bar for lunch and drinks and then nails done, that would be a grea day!!!!

oh i didnt know they had a nail place...

i still think a retail store other then another place like basin or sephora would be great like a nail place

Hello, fellow beauty addict! There's a store in the Gardenia area called Marukai that sells NICE little nail stickers. They're anywhere from $3-$10 a pack, depending on the materials used.

Topped off with Gel Look Top Coat (also sold at Marukai), the stickers stay on for about 2-3 weeks. (And I wear open toe shoes everyday!)

In Japan, nail art is HUGE, and you can get anything you want. There's entire magazines devoted to the subject!

Here's some pics of stickers available at Marukai here in Hawaii. Btw, I think there is a $15/year membership fee, but it's totally worth it!

This is on the subtle side of their range:

nails2.jpg

And not so subtle:

nails.jpg

And I totally agree that it would be nice if there was a little relaxation spot in Downtown Disney! How great would it be if you could get a 10 minutes massage in the middle of the day. And they could use sunblock instead of lotion/oil!

I wish they had Disney nail stickers. When I was in high school and had lots of spare time, I always had my nails two or three colors and/or painted pictures on them myself.

Last summer I put a "Hidden Mickey" on my thumbnail just for fun. I painted it on with black acrylic paint. I was going to find nail jewels and put three on in a Mickey shape but just ran out of time.

HMnail.jpg
[/IMG]

well i did the diser official color.. lime green!! yay!!

but i got flowers ..they are cool....

i like the nail jewelry.. is there a website for it?

I get my nail art stickers from Sally Beauty Supply....and I LOVE my nail stickers. :) Last week my toes were "off with her red" (alice in wonderland color) with cute stickers, this week they are denim (blue) with nail stickers, I've got flowers and a butterfly on one and flowers on the other. I like to wear open toe shoes in the summer and I have to have cute toes. :) I do my own pedicures tho, can't afford to get them done. I also do my nails sometimes, I'll do a french style manicure but the tips are done in the same color my toes are done in, then I'll add a sticker or two and a top coat and I'm good to go. :)

Lime green is fun and flowers are always good. :)

Love this thread...I haven't gotten a pedicure also in over 2 years...very sad I know. I'm SO going to do the hidden mickey thing...and that BLING! So fun! I think hot pink is more me.:thumbsup2

I get my nail art stickers from Sally Beauty Supply....and I LOVE my nail stickers. :) Last week my toes were "off with her red" (alice in wonderland color) with cute stickers, this week they are denim (blue) with nail stickers, I've got flowers and a butterfly on one and flowers on the other. I like to wear open toe shoes in the summer and I have to have cute toes. :) I do my own pedicures tho, can't afford to get them done. I also do my nails sometimes, I'll do a french style manicure but the tips are done in the same color my toes are done in, then I'll add a sticker or two and a top coat and I'm good to go. :)

Lime green is fun and flowers are always good. :)

ohh me too on the doing them ourselves but i needed my toes good and cleaned and the cuticles pushd back good.,hmmm mayb i'll go get a mainucre now..lol so it was 45 for the pedicure. i got the 40 package.. ad a callus removal and then some flowers (5 dollars for flower on each big toe)

that not too bad

i got a package deal, so they removed my calluses, did a 15 min massage, did a exfoliating scrub, and it was 5 extra for the flowers! i had really really bad callusess--soo i had them do extra for that also, oh and they did the parafin wax treament that was in the package...

"i had really really bad callusess"

Hmmm thats what walking around in DL will do to you.

I havent had a pedi in 2 dl and a vegas trip, i think it is time this weekend.
I actually went to school for esthetics and had to do many many pedicures. My favorite for designs would be an airbrushes design with gel overlays to make it last.

I agree funball it would be great to have pedi's in dtd which offers an array of disney designs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter