Lactaid sold at OKW/resorts/Disney Springs?

Julie0315

Earning My Ears
Greetings all - in a few weeks my family is flying to WDW for 4 days, staying at OKW in a studio. My 14 month old son has lactose sensitivity. He can eat cheese, etc. but needs to drink Lactaid for his milk, 16-20 oz daily. I want to avoid using Prime for what would likely only be that purchase but will order upon landing if needed. Do you know if OKW, or another nearby resort or Dis Springs, sells lactose-free milk? I tried calling OKW general store this morning and only got Guest Services, who didn't seem to think OKW had it (but didn't seem confident in her answer).

Alternately, is anyone aware of how much lactaid I could reasonably bring on a plane? We have a direct 2-hour flight from the Northeast. Many thanks!

No idea about lactaid but they do sell soy milk and possible almond milk at the resort stores.

You won’t be able to bring bottles of milk in a carryon.

I’m lactose intolerant and have and have never seen lactose at any of the stores. They do make drops you can add to milk which essentially makes it lactose free. I always bring extra pills wherever I go and take them liberally because lots of things that I think are milk or lactose here might not be. With a 14 month old I’m sure the pills are an issue so the drops might be worth a try.

You can only bring 3.4 oz of liquid on a plane.

Do you have Prime? AmazonWhole Foods will deliver within two hours. Doesn't appear to be any minimum order.

You could also order using garden grocer. I believe their delivery fee is $14 but I don’t think they have a minimum spend. It’s also handy for things like snacks and bottled water. I believe they do offer lactaid free milk. They will deliver right to your resort.

How are you getting from airport to hotel? I use a towncar service which includes a stop at a grocery store.

If you have a checked bag, I would look for lactose free milk that is shelf stable and pack those in your checked luggage

You are allowed to bring enough milk on a plane to cover about a day. I brought bottles of formula without issue (TSA might need to test it). I would just place an Amazon Prime Now order. They have Lactaid and you can get your order within a few hours. You always forget something when traveling with babies, so I am sure there is something you can order along with it in order to justify the delivery charge and tip (snacks, beer for the parents, baby food, etc).

We have been several times with our granddaughter who needed lactaid milk, we always ordered it and had it delivered to the hotel, unable to locate any at the resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter