Labor Day Week

DF and I are arriving on 8/30 through 9/8. I originally booked to be there before GE opened but that didn't happen. I'm actually feeling okay about the trip since I've had a few planning curved balls with the trip like late announced DAH for Magic Kingdom and booked and rebooked ADR's multiple times. The only one that hasn't moved in our dinner at Ohana on our last night. I even was able to move Storybook Dining which isn't an easy reservation and changed time of BOG. I get the feeling the HS and GE will be nuts but everything else will be okay. If not my planning will help and since I've living through Christmas to New Year's in parks before, I know that we will have fun despite the crowds. I think I'm more worried about hurricane season than anything else since two years ago, we have to cancel our trip due Irma.

My daughter's birthday is September 1st and I was thinking of surprising her with a quick Labor Day weekend trip, but I'm kind of scared. LOL! Thinking of just going and hoping for the best. Last trip for her birthday, Labor Day weekend, it was so nice and not crowded AT ALL!

How was fast pass day for everyone? There was SO much availability for me!!! I could choose whatever time I wanted to ride FOP on any day of my vacation with no problems. Another sign of loooow crowds :)

Mine went pretty well. I got FOP at 3:00 on Labor Day and SDD at 11:00 on 60+5. A lot of availability. I’m hoping it won’t be too busy. I’ve moved around Be Our Guest. Hoping to move a couple of other ADRs too.

Our FP day went pretty well too. We got a FOP for our AK day and a SDD for our last day, although it's at lunch time and I'd really like to be out of HS before then. Hoping we can modify later. Still not sure how we want to navigate HS with the little kiddos. Hoping they'll want to be up for EEMH but I'm not going to force it if they're tired.

We had already booked Aug 31st-Sept 4th before we knew the exact opening dates of SWGE. It's just a quick trip with our oldest for MNNSHP and we don't have a HS day planned, but I'm hopeful for the crowd levels at the other parks to be lower.

Fast pass day today-two of us, my TA and me, worked on getting fast passes, and we managed to get everything we wanted, including SDD, FOP, and 7DMT. However, as HS is our 60+1 day, we got SDD and Star Tours for early evening. We will have to arrive early, leave after our lunch, and come back. Sure hoping capacity closings don't happen and we can leave at noon and come back about 6pm!

How was fast pass day for everyone? There was SO much availability for me!!! I could choose whatever time I wanted to ride FOP on any day of my vacation with no problems. Another sign of loooow crowds :)

Our trip is Sept 3rd-13th so our FP day was this past Friday. We have a party of 5, and times were wide open. I was able to get FOP for both AK days, and SDD for HS days as well as SDMT for our MK days. All at the times I wanted. Out of curiosity I went to modify FOP and from 11:20am on I could pick any time I wanted. I may be too optimistic, but those were great signs to me. I've also been able to shift around dining easily, and snagged a military discount room for my parents for the same dates just 2 weeks ago. I know none of us can know for sure, but those are not signs of insane busyness.

My FP day was last week for our short trip (September 1st-6th). Our AK day is sadly arrival evening since we’re mostly there to meet up with friends for F&W, and there was nothing for FoP at all. MK and Epcot were fine for the rest of the week, though. Our current plan is to avoid DHS entirely unless we happen to feel like getting up in the wee hours of the morning for EEMH.

Are we crazy to try to do Toy Story Land on Tuesday? We only have a half day before driving home. Son age 5 wants to do SDD again (we would use rider swap). We are doing MK mine train on Monday so he will get one good ride in. If not HS what would you suggest?

Fast pass day was today for me. I was able to get morning passes for Sept 9-13 on EVERYTHING I wanted except SDD- we got 5:30 pm which isn't terrible. Our plan was to leave HS by 11am and spend most of the day at the pool before heading to MK @ 7pm for EMH til midnight. Worst case scenario if I can't modify we'll try for RD or we'll take a boat from the resort, ride Slinky, and hop to MK when we're finished. Our AK day is arrival day (Sept 8) and I wanted to only spend the evening there and had no problem getting FoP for that evening. I've been looking all day and most rides still have quite a bit of FP availability left in the mornings and a TON left in the afternoon/evenings. I added a reservation at Spice Road a few weeks ago and modified a cape May reservation this morning.

We were there Labor Day week last year and the crowds were super low! It was amazing. My daughter's favorite ride is Everest and she was able to ride it 5 times in a row! I know SWGE is going to change everything, but on the whole I think you're still looking at low crowds with the excepting of DHS.

The week after Labour Day is traditionally one of the lowest crowd times of the year. Nobody knows for sure what will happen this year, but even with GE opening, I don't see this suddenly becoming one of the busiest weeks. The long weekend itself, I expect will be quite a bit busier than usual with all the locals checking out the phase 1 of GE opening.

I'm going from 8/31-9/8! I haven't been in about 4 years, I'm so excited!!! Also this year they are having the extra extra magic hours starting on 9/1 (MK and AK open at 7am every day, HS open at 6am every day)! Has this happened before during the late summer time, or ever?

Not only is SWGE opening, Food & Wine begins on Aug 29th. I was surprised I could get two nights at either BWV, AKV or OKW a few weeks ago, but I don't think there's a chance this will be a lower crowd level year.

Agree... I had an easy time getting a hotel last minute despite SWGE opening... and normal prices. We will see on crowds (I will go into parks today for the first time this trip) ! I'm super excited to be back!

Ugh. I've got a trip planned next week, but with the Hurricane...who knows. I drive, my daughters fly down. Bummer

We were there Labor Day week last year and the crowds were super low! It was amazing. My daughter's favorite ride is Everest and she was able to ride it 5 times in a row! I know SWGE is going to change everything, but on the whole I think you're still looking at low crowds with the excepting of DHS.

Were you there Labor Day week leading up to Labor Day or after Labor Day?

Were you there Labor Day week leading up to Labor Day or after Labor Day?

We arrived Wed (two days after Labor Day) for a week. The whole trip was low crowds, even with F&W going on.

We just got back last week and it was much busier than we are used to. Waited 45+ for rides we normally consider a walk-on or under 15 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!