LA Times article on Disneyland cleanup process

I read it this morning. It was interesting. I am glad they decided ten years ago to reinstate the cleaning crews and make DL spotless again.

Yes, I think the maintenance cutbacks were during the short-sighted Paul Pressler regime. I'm so glad that was corrected.

Thanks for posting this! It was an interesting read; when I move back to CA, I want to adopt a Disney Kitten! :lovestruc

Also: I remember the "dark ages" (ie: 1990s) when the Park was allowed to fall into disrepair, maintenance-wise :sad2: . I remember thinking once that the wait area for Space Mountain kind of reminded me of a subway station...grafitti, missing paint, etc. I'm gonna guess that whoever was responsible for the lack of upkeep was the same person (or people) responsible for the demise of Tahitian Terrace/Aladdin's Oasis and the fiasco known as "Tomorrowland '98" :rotfl:

I've never belived that there are a bunch of cats in the park. I read maybe in the disney rumor book "Mouse Tales" that the cats were brought in to control rats. Because they couldn't leave poisoned hotdogs around. So the thing is what would all the rats eat if the place is so clean?

There is a health inspector checking the resturaunts for cleanliness. The crumbs are being swept off the streets. Unlike the birds that wander the paths eating fallen popcorn, if a rat hopped off the curb and under a table it would cause a scene.

Well, I've seen the cats so I know they are there. Whitewater Snacks is a favorite hang out, and I've seen them by the Hungry Bear.

Thanks for the link! I wonder how Mickey Mouse feels about the the feral cats?

The cats are there, here's one I spied in Frontierland one day.

DSCN0607-1.jpg

Disney DOES make excellent efforts to keep things clean, but wherever there's food service, rats will be a threat no matter how clean the place is. There was a topic on the WDW boards not too long ago about people seeing rats in various areas of the property.

The cats are there, here's one I spied in Frontierland one day.

DSCN0607-1.jpg

Disney DOES make excellent efforts to keep things clean, but wherever there's food service, rats will be a threat no matter how clean the place is. There was a topic on the WDW boards not too long ago about people seeing rats in various areas of the property.

I love how the kitty looks "wild"; s/he fits in perfectly with the surrounding area :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter