Kringla Bakery Recipe?

Daxx

<font color=red>I can tie a knot in a cherry stem
Does anyone have the recipe for the sweet pretzels at the Kringla Bakery in Norway?! They were my favorite! Thanks to anyone who can supply the info!

I haven't seen the recipe from the Norway bakery, but I've seen the one from Germany. I think it was on the OrlandoSentinel Website. Let me know if you want that one.

Deb

Oh, I'd love any recipe for the sweet pretzels! Germany's would be fine, too! So, yes, please send it to me!

Thanks ever so much!!! :earsboy: :hyper:

I originally got the recipe from the Orlando Sentinel site, but when I just checked there the recipe is archived & only available for a fee. They're requested that their recipes not be posted on other sites. Sorry :(

Here's the regular pretzel recipe:

Soft Pretzels from Epcot's Biergarten Restaurant

Yield: 10 servings.

1 package active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water (105 F-115 F)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 eggs
2 tablespoons water
Coarse salt
Prepared mustard (optional)

1. Stir and dissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl. Stir in salt, sugar, and 2 cups of the flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough of the remaining flour to make dough easy to handle. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.

2. Cut dough into 3-ounce pieces and roll into a ball. Allow to rest for about 10 minutes. Roll out dough into strings and then twist dough pieces in the middle. Pick up dough string with two hands, each hand holding one end. Attach the ends to the dough in a pretzel shape. Place pretzel on baking sheet and allow to proof until pretzel string thickness is about double as thick (place in a warm spot with a damp towel on top).

3. Whisk the eggs with water. Brush egg wash on top of pretzels after they proof. Sprinkle with coarse salt. Put on to baking sheets and bake at 400 F for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown. Dip in prepared mustard if desired.

Here's a recipe you may want to try. It's not from Epcot but sounds pretty good. I also have a recipe with an almond and custard filling.

Norwegian-Style Kringle

Servings: 8

Kringle
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, sliced
1 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
3 eggs

Glaze
1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 tablespoon milk

Topping
3/4 cup slivered almonds
1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
To begin the bottom layer: Using the softened stick of unsalted butter, cut it into the first cup of flour until it looks pebbly. Use a fork to stir in a pinch of salt and the ice water until the mix is a soft dough. Form the dough into two 14 x 3-inch rectangles on an ungreased cookie sheet. Set aside.
Begin the top layer: In a medium saucepan, heat the milk and the sliced stick of butter until boiling and remove from heat. To the milk and butter add 1 cup flour and stir until smooth. Beat the sugar and eggs one at a time into the flour milk mixture. Beat well. Spread this mixture over the two bottom layers. Bake until lightly browned.
While Kringle is baking, prepare glaze: Combine the sifted confectioner's sugar, vanilla extract, softened unsalted butter and milk. Drizzle glaze over the still-warm Kringle and set aside.
In a small bowl, toss slivered almonds with confectioners' sugar. Sprinkle almonds over the top of the Kringle while the glaze is still tacky.

Here's a recipe you may want to try. It's not from Epcot but sounds pretty good. I also have a recipe with an almond and custard filling.

Norwegian-Style Kringle

Kringle
1 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 eggs

Glaze
1 tablespoon milk

Topping
3/4 cup slivered almonds

To begin the bottom layer: Using the softened stick of unsalted butter, cut it into the first cup of flour until it looks pebbly. Use a fork to stir in a pinch of salt and the ice water until the mix is a soft dough. Form the dough into two 14 x 3-inch rectangles on an ungreased cookie sheet. Set aside.
Begin the top layer: In a medium saucepan, heat the milk and the sliced stick of butter until boiling and remove from heat. To the milk and butter add 1 cup flour and stir until smooth. Beat the sugar and eggs one at a time into the flour milk mixture. Beat well. Spread this mixture over the two bottom layers. Bake until lightly browned.
While Kringle is baking, prepare glaze: Combine the sifted confectioner's sugar, vanilla extract, softened unsalted butter and milk. Drizzle glaze over the still-warm Kringle and set aside.
In a small bowl, toss slivered almonds with confectioners' sugar. Sprinkle almonds over the top of the Kringle while the glaze is still tacky.

Norwegian-Style Kringle

Kringle
1 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 eggs

Glaze
1 tablespoon milk

Topping
3/4 cup slivered almonds

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!