• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kona ADR?

damren

Mouseketeer
We just upgraded to Poly. Is it necessary to book breakfast or lunch ADR's for Kona?:confused3

I'd say if you know when you plan to eat there... go ahead and book ADR(s). The Monday of the week after Christmas, many people told us not to bother with an ADR for lunch, but we got one anyway (an hour past our preferred time at that!). When we arrived, they were pretty full, and walk-ups were having to wait a bit.

I had trouble making a breakfast ADR for a weekend morning last year. I would make the ADR if you want to eat there.

If there is a place you know you want to eat at WDW, I would always suggest making an adr - otherwise you run a great risk of:
1. not eating there at all
2. eating at an undesirable time
3. wasting alot of time waiting for a table
4. wasting alot of time finding another restaurant which can accomodate you that you may not particularly want/care for

I agree with JoePa4Ever. Its really a good idea to book the ADR for Kona if you know you want to eat there.

I always book my ADR 180 days out. Last year my friend didn't and could not get in for the sit downs she wanted. I would suggest sitting down with the family and picking resturants you want to do and making ADRs as early as possible!!

Thanks everyone. Unfortunally I will have to cross my fingers and hope for a little pixie dust! Our ADR's were made in Jan, and already have quite a few breakfast adr's elsewhere We just decided this week to switch to the Poly and figured we had better eat there too! lol We did cancel hoop dee revue and book the luau. I guess if Konas is filled we can do QS!

We didn't like the luau at all. The food was ick (IMO) and the entertainment was just OK.

However, Ohana's and Kona Cafe are right up there in our book. Probably in our top FOUR favorite restaurants in all of Disney World! (Coral Reef, LeCellier being the other two).

Ohana's is harder to get because it is larger and has entertainment, plus it is a good value because it's all you can eat. Kona Cafe's food is just TDF.

Enjoy it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter