Kodak Z760

Twende

Best laid plans of Mouse and men.....
DH and I are looking for a new camera. We have never had a digital one before so we are a bit lost.

He is looking at the Cannon SD550. I am looking at a Kodak Z760.

I really do not want to spend a bunch on this. I was thinking in the $200-$250 range. Obviously DH is wanting to spend more but why?

Is the Cannon SD550 that superior of a camera?

Educate me all you wise ones! :earsgirl:

Yes, Canon is a superior camera than Kodak. Far superior, as various review sites and users can attest to. Not that Kodak "sucks" or anything, but Canon is FAR far FAR superior (better colour accuracy, much lower digital noise, better auto-focus, the list goes on)

But the best advice is to buy a memory card (which you will need anyway), and take it to a store that has both. Stores will let you try them with your own card. (Both cameras use the same type) Try both out and see how you like using them first. See how they feel and how easy it is to use. Take close ups of eachother and more distant shots of eachother, and wide shots of whatever they'll let you take. Try any other cameras that catch your eye too. Just jot down what camera in order and how many pics and settings for each so you'll know which was which later.

Then take the card to the machine at Walmart or wherever you prefer and see which you like best.

There's just a endless sea of cameras and options out there, and having narrowed it to two you are doing great.

E.

That's right. The number one thing is try to stick to your budget. There is always a better camera out there. The number one question is: will YOU be able to tell the difference with a second question: is it worth the price difference to YOU.

I can tell you that the SD550 is worth the money, but on the other hand other photographers may tell me that I'm an idiot for buying a 20D instead of another model.

Buy what you need and what you think is worth the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter