Known Issue: Borrowing Points with Resale Contract

cometdad2010

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I'm on the phone with member services now to book our Oct 2021 trip. I tried to book online this morning and kept getting "We're working on it" with the seven dwarves. The CM I spoke to said that it's a "known issue" when borrowing points with resale contracts. According to her, it doesn't happen every time, but when it does the system glitches and any refuses any future borrowing request. She had to get a supervisor involved to override it, and we seem to be good now.

Yeah, happened to me last month ,I had to call MS to make the reservation, seems to have been a fairly well known problem for a few months.
Doesn't look like they are ever going to bother to fix it either.

Yeah, happened to me last month ,I had to call MS to make the reservation, seems to have been a fairly well known problem for a few months.
Doesn't look like they are ever going to bother to fix it either.
They probably expect it will "fix itself" once the restrictions are lifted.

It does seem to be member dependent. I can borrow on all of my contracts.. direct points, resale points bought before April and after.

So, I agree that once the limit is gone, it will work for everyone.

Hi everyone,

I'm on the phone with member services now to book our Oct 2021 trip. I tried to book online this morning and kept getting "We're working on it" with the seven dwarves. The CM I spoke to said that it's a "known issue" when borrowing points with resale contracts. According to her, it doesn't happen every time, but when it does the system glitches and any refuses any future borrowing request. She had to get a supervisor involved to override it, and we seem to be good now.
I can guarantee that it happens every time. I have had to call them about 6 times for different bookings on different contracts about this. It is really unacceptable.

It does seem to be member dependent. I can borrow on all of my contracts.. direct points, resale points bought before April and after.

So, I agree that once the limit is gone, it will work for everyone.
same for us.
i can borrow on all of our contracts whether resale or direct.

Unfortunately I agree. This is a known problem. Ever since the new restriction I cannot book a trip that required borrowing points from my resale contract. I have to call and book every trip.

Same problem here with a resale contract.

One odd thing I did notice is that when the system offers the option of borrowing points is reads "borrow from 2022 Use Year". I would be borrowing from my 2021 Use Year for an October 2021 trip (December contract). Obviously that is wrong. I wonder if that has anything to do with the glitch?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter