Knotts Berry or Magic Mountain?

oceanscape

DIS Veteran
We will only have the time to visit one of these parks, which would you recommend and why?

Thanks. :goodvibes

PS - we will have two kids with us, aged 16 and 9.

We just got back from knotts and it was a blast and cheap!! We got coupons at 31 flavors for 24.50. We went on a saturday and it wasnt busy at all! Lots of fun rides and shows. We took our mother inlaw to watch the little ones and my husband and i went on all the big rides. There is this one, excelerater, OH MY GOSH I WAS SO SCARED! yet we went on it and it was fun. The lines where not bad at all. maybe 10 mins. 25 for excelerater. Knotts is close to disney too. Have fun.

Having tried both a while ago, I'd pick Magic Mountain everyday of the week, over Knotts. I founf Knotts very Ye Olde Fashion style theme park. Now this may appeal more to older folk, but since you have two teens, I'd think MM would be a better option. MM has a lot of thrill rides and great a set-up. Its more stylish than Knotts with its Gotham City section and other attractions. Knotts is fine, and you would enjoy the day, but I think MM a better place.

There has been a few years since we last were there, so I'm not sure what has changed.

Thanks for the replies. To be honest, I have read a lot of bad reviews about both of these two places, so I think we will give them a miss and have an extra day at Disney instead. :)

If your kids are coaster junkies, Magic Mountain all the way. I used to love going there for all the best coasters.
Knotts may be better if you're looking at kids that don't do the bigger rides. A bit more theming and more non-coaster rides, IMHO.
I used to really enjoy both. I haven't heard negative things lately re: MM, but have heard a lot of negative re: Knott's

I haven't heard negative things lately re: MM, but have heard a lot of negative re: Knott's
Yeah, I hadn't heard many negative things about Magic Mountain until I read the PassPorter. That totally put me off when it went on about "gangs of teens" detracting from the atmosphere, which is, apparently, already lacking to begin with.

Knotts has a place called Camp Snoopy. Full of kid rides.

Knotts if awefully small though. can hit every ride in like 6 hours. the good ones that is.

If you go to Knotts on a weekday, its insanely empty.

Yeah, I hadn't heard many negative things about Magic Mountain until I read the PassPorter. That totally put me off when it went on about "gangs of teens" detracting from the atmosphere, which is, apparently, already lacking to begin with.

That's interesting. We didn't see teen groups when we were there, BUT there IS a complete lack of amosphere which feels a little weird. Maybe its because we had spend a few days in Disneyland first... I don't know..

Funny thing was we were both sitting down when a park rep came over and asked us a few questions for a survey. My wife pointed out it lacked the feeling of Disney...

Pretty sure we'd go again if in the aera. We're from the UK so when we go such a distance we like to get around as much as possible.

I wish you wouldn't pass on Knott's. It really is the world's first Theme Park, and full of amazing history. Also, the chicken dinner is not to be missed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter