Knocked out by my price quote!

(Is the Explorer of the Seas the one with the skating rink & rock climbing wall? That sounds cool!)

Yes these are Royal Caribbean ships Explorer, Voyager and Adventure .

They won't come out with the Spring Savings Codes until this coming winter. Once that happens, the fair will be MUCH lower. Book through Dreams Unlimited and they will lower it with the new codes when they are published.

the week between Christmas and New Years it was OUTRAGEOUS in price! Almost 9000.00 for my family of 5 in a Category 4 room. I almost fell off my chair as well. It would be a 4 night cruise and 3 days at WDW with NO airfare. I decided that was WAY too much money to spend so I had DU look for Nov. 14-21 and it was 5000 LESS to go a month and a half earlier! We are paying 4819.00 now with a family suite with verandah which is MUCH cheaper! My inlaws are going with us and they have a nagivators verandah on deck 7 and they are only paying 2600 for 2. Have dreams check out different categories for you to stay in. If you have to go at that time of year you will pay more but if you can change when you go you can greatly reduce your amount! Think of some other dates during the year you might be able to go...earlier and later than the one you requested and look at price differences! When kids are out of school are typically the highest prices. Also I would agree with the others to look into doing a 3 or 4 day cruise for your first one just so you get a feel for it. When I was 16 my parents took me on Carnival on the Holiday (A LOOONG time ago) and one of my sister in laws HATED cruising and hated being on a boat for 7 days. I would suggest trying it out for a much smaller time frame and see how you all like it before shelling out that much money! Now for us...we KNOW we love it so for our family vacation it is worth it but we did try the kids out in Ensenada on a Carnival ship earlier this year! They loved it and so did we!! I am sure you will like it but there are SOME people who have decided that cruising is NOT for them!! If you can be flexible in your travel time or days try that! Disney does seem to be much more expensive than other lines but I have read here and other places that it is worth it so we are going to go for it!!!
Heidi

If you are looking to save MAJOR money, Book through Costco. If you are not a member, it's worth the $45 membership fee just to save SEVERAL HUNDRED dollars off the lowest rate you've gotten so far, I gaurantee it. I know alot of people have wondered if Costco books Disney cruises anymore (since they don't show up on the website) but they DO. I myself booked one 2 weeks ago, or so.. I've already received my confirmation in the mail, too, just yesterday.

OH, For example, my cruise is for June 7, 2003. 2 adults and 1 child. Our rate is $3353.31 for a category 9 ...Not bad, ehe?

It helps tremendously to be flexible with your dates and statroom category. We sailed on the Magic on 2/23/02 family of 4 Category 10 Secret Porthole for $2715. A week later we sailed on Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas in a mid range larger balcony stateroom for $3421. When we came back we wanted quotes for the 3 day Wonder next February to add onto the end of our WDW trip. The price we were quoted for 2 cabins (we are taking daughters best friend) was $1000 cheaper than the sailing for President's week and also much cheaper than Valentine's and the week following 2/27. I could not believe it. It definitely pays to be flexible!

:confused: Don't give up just keeping trying to work the deals. I shopped and shopped, kept up to date on all the various discounts. We are crusing the western carib. 7 day on May 25th in Category 5 Deluxe Stateroom w/ veranda for $3,520.08. This is for 2 adults, 2 children (booked through DCL). I feel we got a good deal, but I did some spend time shopping around.

saturday97 - we booked through Dreams Unlimited. We're on the 7-day Western Magic on 4/26/03, paying $4488.31 for 3 adults in a category 4. This includes the trip insurance, but doesn't include airfare or ground transfers, as we'll take care of that on our own. We'll also receive a $150 rebate from Dreams that we can apply to our final payment. This same cruise 2 weeks earlier (April 12th) for 3 adults in a category 4 was over $6000!!! This is most likely due to the fact that it's the week prior to Easter, and a popular time for spring break. We had originally checked to go on the 12th until we saw the prices! That's when we switched to the 26th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter