Knights and Lights for 2012

garneska

DIS Veteran
Am thinking about Knights and Lights for 2012. I believe I heard Pete say they are doing it again Oct 8, 2012. Are they doing the DLP add on again? If so how many days/nights does that make the trip? Trying to do some preliminary planning to see if it works with my schedule.

I'm positive that they will be doing the DL portion again...making it 9 days and 8 nights. Go for it . It's an amazing trip.

Our trip will be very similar to this year's trip and will include Disneyland Paris.

We are tweaking the trip just a bit because of feedback from this year's trip.

As soon as we have contracts in hand, we will begin booking.

Our trip will be very similar to this year's trip and will include Disneyland Paris.

We are tweaking the trip just a bit because of feedback from this year's trip.

As soon as we have contracts in hand, we will begin booking.

after listening to just part 1 of the Knights and Lights review, I am going to literally BEG my husband to be a part of the 2012 trip... it would be an AMAZING way to celebrate our 5 year anniversary.

Kevin, I know this has been talked about already but I can't remember at the moment.. has pricing for this trip been announced? or do I have to email you privately?

thanks! Here's hoping my husband and I can join in on this... like you Kevin, Paris has been my all time, number one dream destination for what feels like forever!

I think Paris will live up to your expectations.

I fell in love.

Our recent Adventure was $6268 per person based on double occupancy.

This did not include airfare.

While we do not have the 2012 Knights and Lights contract yet (we're working on it!!!!!), I would expect pricing to be about the same.

There are some EXCITING additions to this year's Adventure....Stonehenge and Windsor Castle to name two.

And there are somethings that have been removed....the Lion King show for example.

We are so excited to be able to do it again.

I hope you can join us!

I think Paris will live up to your expectations.

I fell in love.

Our recent Adventure was $6268 per person based on double occupancy.

This did not include airfare.

thanks for the quick response Kevin. Wow, I thought the trip was in the $5,000 range per person.. I'm sure it's worth every penny but it's probably going to be a hard sell to get my husband to go along with it. Either way, thanks for letting me know the general price. I'm glad you finally got to experience Paris and will get to go again next year! If I can't go, have a croissant for me! ;)

Stonehenge and Windsor Castle sound like wonderful additions. If I didn't have to eat, I would like to take round 2 of this trip in 2012. Oh well, something to look forward to...

Kevin, how bad is the single supplement for this trip? I noticed Backstage Magic was around and extra $1000, which is a lot but if I did that I wouldn't have to pay airfare either since I live in San Diego. I'd really like to do this trip since I really want to go to England and France and would be a lot more comfortable with a group of fellow dissers. I don't want to share with someone either. If you have a general idea on how much the single is I'd appreciate knowing. Thanks!

Kevin, how bad is the single supplement for this trip? I noticed Backstage Magic was around and extra $1000, which is a lot but if I did that I wouldn't have to pay airfare either since I live in San Diego. I'd really like to do this trip since I really want to go to England and France and would be a lot more comfortable with a group of fellow dissers. I don't want to share with someone either. If you have a general idea on how much the single is I'd appreciate knowing. Thanks!
ABD's single supplement is generally between 35-40% of the double occupancy per person price. This year, the price for the DIS exclusive Knights & Lights trip including the single supplement was[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial][/FONT] $8499.

Sayhello

New London Routemaster Buses

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-16244634

19 December 2011 Last updated at 11:06 ET
New London Routemaster bus runs out of fuel on M1
_57416356_bus_tfl.jpg

The new prototype London Routemaster bus ran out of fuel on a motorway, just days after being formally unveiled.
The New Bus for London had to pull over on Monday after warning lights came on.
The bus, which runs on a hybrid diesel-electric motor, was not refuelled before being driven from London to Millbrook Testing Ground, Bedfordshire.
Transport for London (TfL) said the bus recharged its battery using energy from its brakes, but on long journeys had to run on diesel.
The prototype bus was unveiled by London Mayor Boris Johnson on Friday and is undergoing testing in the capital.
It had been displayed in London over the weekend after the Trafalgar Square unveiling.
'Lose charge'
"The bus is designed for stop-start driving, which enables the battery to be recharged automatically," a TfL spokesman said.
"However when the bus undertakes long, non-stopping motorway journeys, such as its journey to Bedfordshire this morning, it can lose charge and the driver is briefed to pull to the side of the road to allow the battery to recharge.
"After the battery had re-charged the driver was unable to re-start the engine.
"It was later established that the bus had run out of diesel.
"Once the bus was refuelled it carried on its journey. We will be speaking with the operator to ensure that this does not happen again."
TfL claims the new bus will be the most environmentally friendly vehicle of its kind once it enters service. Eight of them will come into service in 2012.

France approves fat tax on sugary drinks such as Coca-Cola and Fanta

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ary-drinks-Coca-Cola-Fanta.html#ixzz1hvmTNvnq

By LEON WATSON

France has approved a 'fat tax' on sugary soft drinks in a bid to combat soaring child obesity and boost state coffers.
The new tax will add just over 1p to a can of fizzy drink like Coca-Cola or Fanta but zero-calorie 'diet' drinks will be exempt from the charges, the government said.
The new measures - a hike of from 3 to 6 Euro cents per litre on sugary drinks - are also expected to raise more than £100million a year for government coffers.
The revenue would be used to fund lower social security charges for farm workers, the government said.
France's Constitutional Council approved the new soda tax yesterday after it was announced in August.
However, the tax has been slammed by beverage firms including Coca-Cola, which in September said it was suspending a planned 17-million-euro investment at a plant in the south of France in 'a symbolic protest against a tax that punishes our company and stigmatises our products'.
The move comes after France also announced it would be rationing tomato ketchup and salt in school canteens.
Under the rules, tomato sauce and mayonnaise will only be on dinner tables once a week when chips are served and would be removed when traditional French dishes such as roast veal are served.
Denmark also recently announced a new higher tax on foods containing high levels of saturated fat.
A recent study found a fast-food diet of junk food is turning the traditionally skinny French into a nation of fatties.

One in four hospital patients 'would be better off if they were treated in their own home'
More than 20 million French people are now overweight and seven million of those are clinically obese - double the figure for 14 years ago, according to France's National Institute for Health and Medical Research.
Despite still being officially Europe's second thinnest people, the weight of the average French person has soared by half a stone to 11 stone 4lbs since 1997, the report found.

A French health ministry spokesman said in October: 'We French may be among the least overweight in Europe but we have nothing to be complacent about.
'Obesity is rising as swiftly in France as it is in other EU countries and action must be taken before it gets any more serious.'
Europe's fattest nation is Greece, where 70 per cent of people are overweight, and 30 per cent are obese.
Britons are Europe's fifth fattest, behind Germany, Finland and Ireland, according to a TNS Sofres survey of 500,000 people across the EU.
The NHS defines being overweight as having a body mass index - your weight to height ratio - of between 25 and 30, and obese as over 30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter