KMA - Appalling Customer Service

BevS97

disney scrapper
I asked around a few weeks ago for people's favorite paper - and KMA seemed to be the winner by far, so last week I placed an order, and requested that since I lived overseas they email me with shipping charges before proceeding with the order.
Personally, I think this is a very valid request, as they give no guidelines to their shipping charges, and I have been charged anything fro $5 to $30 for a parcel. Anyway - this was their reply.

Dear Bev,

I see from the comments on your order you are requesing us to prepare your
order and email you with the totals before charging your card. There is a
$10 service fee to do this. Many times customers from outside the United
States request this and then cancel the order and we have spent man-hours
picking and packing it. As I said before, we would be happy to do this for
you but there is a service fee.

Your order has been placed in pending until we hear from you.

Thank you for your immediate attention on this matter.
Esther, Customer Service
Keeping Memories Alive

Personally, I think this is appalling customer service - I have only order a few items, so it's hardly a massive task to work out the shipping rate, and I could easily be spending $10 to find out the shipping was only $5.

Bev

sounds like they don't need your business...they have got to be shipping stuff everyday--how hard can this be for them? They could offer to mail it by regular mail, or a shipper (like UPS, FEDEX, etc), and let you know a rough estimate of what each would be. I would go with another scrapbooking supplier---good luck in your quest.

Just a curious question no disrepect intended. Isn't there a place in the UK you could get to get SB paper? Somewhere close?

There are 3 places in the UK that sell scrapbook paper - well 4 if you include CM.

One of them only sells it's own paper which is A4 size, (a UK Size) so no good for 12x12 books.

The other 2 are both very good, and I do use them a lot, but they can only stock so much stuff so sometimes I order from the States since the variety in the States is amazing.

You can take a look at the UK sites here if you are interested - if anyone knows of anymore I'd love to hear from them,

http://www.scraptastic.co.uk/
http://www.artbasehornchurch.com/
http://www.thepapertrailcompany.com/

unfortunately, none of them are remotely local although I was lucky enough to get to Artbase when I was on holiday in the South of England a few weeks ago, so I bought some stuff there
(It's so much nicer to be able to browse and actually see the products isn't it) - I just wish I had bought even more!

Just to update you - I sent quite a strongly worded email to KMA explaining that I wasn't prepared to be ripped off, and I have had no reply, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. So, I have placed an order with www.hotp.com who I have used before, I rang them and was assured that delivery would be between $5-$10, so I am quite happy with that.

Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter