Kitchenaid Stand Mixer

DiznNut

Mouseketeer
Thinking about purchasing a Kitchenaid stand Mixer and not sure if I want to spend that much money on a mixer. QVC has a great deal on one today and I am thinking very seriously about taking the plunge. If you have one, how do you like it? Is is convenient to use? If you had to do it over again, would you choose this brand/style. I don't use my mixer much now because it is so inconvenient to bring it out of the cabinet. This mixer is so large and nice I would just leave it out on my counter. Thanks for any input!

Thinking about purchasing a Kitchenaid stand Mixer and not sure if I want to spend that much money on a mixer. QVC has a great deal on one today and I am thinking very seriously about taking the plunge. If you have one, how do you like it? Is is convenient to use? If you had to do it over again, would you choose this brand/style. I don't use my mixer much now because it is so inconvenient to bring it out of the cabinet. This mixer is so large and nice I would just leave it out on my counter. Thanks for any input!

Received mine as a Christmas gift a few years ago & I love it! We use it quite often for baking and I have gotten all the pasta making attachments as well as the meat grinder one. Since my bread maker just died I will soon be trying it for bread making as well.

I got a quilted cover for mine (has a pocket for the paddle & dough hook) to keep the dust off of it. If you do get one splurge & get a second bowl as well because it will come in handy.

DH gave me mine for my birthday when we were dating, so that was almost 8 years ago now, and I love it! I wouldn't trade it for anything. Dough, mashed potatoes, cake mix, frosting (I use the Wilton method of cake decorating and there is no possible way to make that frosting without a very durable stand mixer), just about anything can go in there. I was visiting my niece last week and we made cookies. I had forgotten what a chore it is to stir in flour in batches by hand. With my Kitchen Aid I just dump it all in at once and it all gets perfectly mixed. DH got mine from Amazon, but I bought the cover from QVC and it looks so good sitting on my counter. I recommend the "scraper" blade as an accessory (you can get it online or at Bed, Bath & Beyond):
blade.jpg

We're now thinking about attachments, like the meat grinder!

I absolutely LOVE my kitchenaid Mixer! I had been complaining about my regular mixer not doing the job and one time I had DH mix my cookie dough for me and a few days later I had a brand new kitchenaid! I should have had him try stirring cookie dough sooner! That was at least 10 years ago and it is still one of my favorite appliances! Go for it!!!

OP, if you haven't purchased yet, I agree with JandJ to watch Amazon. I scored a matte white Pro 600 several yrs. ago for $250 w/free shipping. They don't offer all colors, i.e., right now they have silver & gloss cinnamon for $260 + free supersaver shipping.

The Pro 600 has higher wattage which is helpful if you mix stiff doughs or grind meat. We use ours for various things other than baking, such as grinding meat, mixing meatloaf, whipping potatoes and the occasional French Silk Pie. :lovestruc

Love mine - I have two - a red Artisan and a white one - called Big Red and Pearl respectively! :) My son even calls them by their name. :)
I use them constantly as I bake a lot and prior to having them burned through a number of hand mixers.

I would highly recommend them and their accessories. I love the scraper paddle, snap on lids, and pasta maker!

I got Pearl from my exhusband and Big Red was a find at Lowe's. I bought two that day, one for me and one for my brother. It was a real deal. :)

Be on the lookout for deals, they are to be found! Enjoy~:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter