Kitchen or DDP?

amaycatbaker

Disney Nut
I am having a tough time. I booked a pirate room in Jan for the Half marathon, but I just found out one of my daughters has the following allergies, wheat, milk, egg, soy and tree nut.

Should I keep the pirate room and get ddp, which would be fun for the kids, or book a cabin with kitchen to cook all my daughters food?

Are the chef's good with this kind of extreme allergy.

I already went with my other daughter who just had an egg chicken allergy and that was easy to deal with, so any ideas?

Should I keep the pirate room and get ddp, which would be fun for the kids, or book a cabin with kitchen to cook all my daughters food?

Well, the choice really is yours. Do you feel like cooking while at Disney or do you want to eat at restaurants or do you want a mixture of the two? Use the answers to these questions to make your decision.

Are the chef's good with this kind of extreme allergy.

OMG you have no idea just how GREAT all the chefs are. I'd try to make sure that all your reservations are at Disney owned restaurants because there will be much greater selection of foods for your kids to eat (France & Morocco at Epcot, Rainforest Cafe, T-Rex and Yak & Yeti and the restaurants at Coronodo Springs I know aren't Disney owned).

Check out the stickys at the top of this board. There is contact info there for Brenda Bennet who is in charge of special diets for WDW. She will send you all sorts of info on what kinds of foods are safe. She'll also attach info about each person's food allergies to any reservations. In addition, if you want, she can have the chefs at each of the restaurants call you to discuss what foods are available. I really like talking with the chef at the resort where I stay because typically they'll discuss you're child's likes and dislikes and even make sure to have extras in stock of your child's favourites. The chefs can go over in detail what they can and can't do for you. Talking to Brenda and chefs should give you a better feel for what kinds of options will be available. They are VERY well trained in food allergies.

FYI - Most restaurants carry Bob's Red Mill pancake mix and have a dedicated waffle press. Most also have a rice ice cream (it's Rice Dream so you decide your comfort level; their milk has traces of gluten but somehow the ice cream is supposed to be gluten free though my daughter gets an upset stomach when she eats it). The rice milk I believe is Pacific though you can confirm. Most also carry Bob's Red Mill gluten free flour mixtures for breading, plus they carry rice pasta.

Thank you for responding. I will contact Ms Bennet and go with the ddp. Since I don't like cooking on vacation.

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter