Kitchen Aide and sugar cookie help!!!

dreamin_disney

DIS Veteran
Ok I used my kitchen aide for the first time today . I used the sugar cookie recipe I usually use from You tube Montreal Confections sugar cookie recipe. I've never had a problem with it. I use a hand mixer but today I used my Kitchen aide. I dont know if it mixed it up to good or what but i needed to add a lot more flour!!!!!!! I hope it doesnt ruin the cookies when I bake them.

I used the mixing flat attachment witht the flat beater. Did I use the wrong
attachment? I also set it on stir then on 2. Any advice????

I use my dough hooks for cookies. If you needed to add a lot of extra flower than either the butter was too thin/warm/melted when you mixed it in or their is a lot of moisture in the air around you (more humidity than normal). Both of those are the reasons I have needed extra flower in the past.

I use my dough hooks for cookies. If you needed to add a lot of extra flower than either the butter was too thin/warm/melted when you mixed it in or their is a lot of moisture in the air around you (more humidity than normal). Both of those are the reasons I have needed extra flower in the past.
the butter was left out in the counter so it was at room temperature or a lil warmer then that. I made the cookies and still turned out good.
What about royal icing , do you use flat beater? What setting and how long ?

The flat paddle is used for mixing (most of the things you make), the dough hook is used for making bread dough, pasta dough and pizza dough etc. and you need to develop more gluten and the whip is used to make fluffy things like whipped cream and meringues.

The amount of flour needed for a recipe depends on the moisture in the air, the fat that you use (only use melted/liquid fats when specifically called for) and the hardness of the wheat used to make the flour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter