Kirby vacuum system

tcufrog

DIS Veteran
We just moved into a new neighborhood and there's been a steady stream of salesmen coming by to try to sell us stuff. I'm ordering a "no soliciting" sign. Someone just came by and demoed a Kirby vacuum system. It was quite impressive but it seemed awfully complicated and expensive. I also don't spend that much on something without researching it. I couldn't find online reviews so I thought I'd ask my fellow DISers if y'all had experience with them.

They're good vacuums, but honestly... I like my Dyson better. And there are many other *much* cheaper options.

We just moved into a new neighborhood and there's been a steady stream of salesmen coming by to try to sell us stuff. I'm ordering a "no soliciting" sign. Someone just came by and demoed a Kirby vacuum system. It was quite impressive but it seemed awfully complicated and expensive. I also don't spend that much on something without researching it. I couldn't find online reviews so I thought I'd ask my fellow DISers if y'all had experience with them.
In yester-year a number of vacuum systems were sold door-to-door. Both my DMom and my MIL bought theirs that way. I don't think there was ever any issues with how good a product they were, just the ridiculously high price, once it was all boiled down.

I had a Kirby years ago. I liked it for awhile but grew tired of it and sold it. The person I sold it to is a neighbor and she still has it and it’s going strong.

I now have an Electrolux and love it. My mom had two Electrolux in my life time. The first one she bought when I was a baby or just before I was born. The second, when I was 35 and she still had it when she died.

These vacuums are expensive but very high quality.

I have a Kirby system, but I bought mine second hand for $250. I've had it for 15+ years now. I just took it in for it's first service a couple of months ago. It was way cheaper to get a few broken parts fixed than to buy a new vacuum. My repair guy said Kirbys are still the best vacuum on the market.

We got bought a Kirby 24 years ago when the Kirby Vacuum pimp dropped off one of his ladies at our house. He drove off leaving her there on our porch while he dropped several more women off at other homes in a similar manner. We felt obligated to listen to the sales pitch and ended up buying the Kirby G4.

24 years later it is still the only vacuum we have ever purchased. In that time we had the power cord replaced and I replaced the impeller.

Would I buy one again? No. Am I unhappy I bought this one? No.

It sure does suck!

My uncle sold Kirby vacuum cleaners. When I’d visit for the summer as a kid, he would put me to work “registering.” I’d hang out in supermarket parking lots and get people to sign up to win a prize—$100 in groceries, a set of nice steak knives, OR a free rug shampoo. Everyone won the rug shampoo, which would get one of my uncle’s salespersons in the door!

We have a Kirby that is 40 years old. I hate it. It is sooo heavy and is complicated to change out to the hose etc. DH wouldn't part with it. A couple of years ago I had had enough and bought a Dyson Animal. OMG what a difference. The Dyson picked up more cat hair than the Kirby and was so much easier to get up and down the stairs. Needless to say the Kirby has been sitting in the closet since. DH still won't part with it.

New neighborhoods seem to be a prime target for salespeople who think folks are inching to buy their gadget/gizmo/cleaning products .

Happened in the 2 new neighborhoods we've moved into. Now that our neighborhood is 15 years old, we don't get hit up much anymore.

My cousins husband was a Kirby salesman for a few months. He gave us the spiel but I can easily say no to most any salesman.

I had a Kirby years ago and hated it. My daughter has one and loves it. In fact she got the Kirby vacuum instead of a wedding ring, they couldn't afford both and needed a vacuum cleaner. She's still happy with her choice. The Kirby is ok but it is heavy and I had injured my back and needed something lighter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter