King Bed Rooms at Grand Floridian?

MIAMouseketeer

DIS Veteran
I posted this question on the Grand Floridian thread, but it has gone unanswered. We just booked an Outer Building Garden View room for next month. It says online that there are 2 Queens or 1 King Bed, but I'm not seeing King Beds as an option on Touring Plans. Are King Bed rooms only for Accessible rooms? Just wondering. We have a toddler, so one King Bed would be better for us, but I won't request it if they really don't have them.

I posted this question on the Grand Floridian thread, but it has gone unanswered. We just booked an Outer Building Garden View room for next month. It says online that there are 2 Queens or 1 King Bed, but I'm not seeing King Beds as an option on Touring Plans. Are King Bed rooms only for Accessible rooms? Just wondering. We have a toddler, so one King Bed would be better for us, but I won't request it if they really don't have them.
They are available upon request. At poly, gf and cr they have them but no guarantees. Call and add to your reservation your request then ask again at check in.

They are available upon request. At poly, gf and cr they have them but no guarantees. Call and add to your reservation your request then ask again at check in.
Perfect, this is exactly what I was looking for. I will make a request. It can't hurt. Either way we are just so excited to be staying at the Grand Floridian.

Touring Plans room finder is a great service for finding a room based on the layout. But that's where it ends. Their room parameters are off quite often. I'd go so far as to say nearly half the rooms we've been in have been wrong about the bed type or even the category listed. So trying to find a King bed using the Touring Plans layout will be pretty useless. Using to find a room you want in a particular area of the resort; floor, facing, etc; but that's where it ends.

Touring Plans room finder is a great service for finding a room based on the layout. But that's where it ends. Their room parameters are off quite often. I'd go so far as to say nearly half the rooms we've been in have been wrong about the bed type or even the category listed. So trying to find a King bed using the Touring Plans layout will be pretty useless. Using to find a room you want in a particular area of the resort; floor, facing, etc; but that's where it ends.
Thanks! Yes, I have realized that too, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time making the request or inadvertently requesting an accessible room.

Thanks! Yes, I have realized that too, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time making the request or inadvertently requesting an accessible room.
Not all King rooms are accessible rooms but a fair number of them are, in the Deluxe level. We request them often ourselves. They are sometimes HA rooms. But I know they'd never give us one over someone who actually needed a HA room. We only get them if they have assigned all the HA rooms and have some left over, then they use them to fill King requests too. If that makes sense.

The reason a fair number of King rooms are HA rooms is simply logistics. King beds afford more space in the room for a chair.

Good luck I hope you get it. I've requested a king bed every trip I've taken and never gotten one lol. We started booking one-bedroom villas to guarantee the bed.

Yes, exactly this! I don't understand why Touring Plans keeps those pics up there when everything is just so wrong. Do they just not care that they are misleading people?! I just don't get it.

I'm so glad you posted this question. We are also booked in an Outer Blg - Garden Room at GF in October, and we wondered what the possibility is of getting a King bed if we make the request, and also what kinds of rooms they are (ie: only ground floor, etc). This thread has been very helpful.

Yes, exactly this! I don't understand why Touring Plans keeps those pics up there when everything is just so wrong. Do they just not care that they are misleading people?! I just don't get it.
It's not intentional, that much I know. They were given the room parameters by Disney. At one point or another they were correct. But, things change and updates aren't so quick to go out. Or make it on the site.
The main feature, where the room is, and for the most part, the booking category, is correct. So for that, it is very helpful. Just always take the bed configuration as written in pencil.
They are working to get the booking category updated. I noticed last night that WLs appear to be updated to include Nature View now, for instance.

ETA - the pics are often guest provided too. So if you stay in room 2020 at Poly, for instance, and send them a pic and tell them it was room 2020 at Poly, they believe you and pin it to that room. If it's not really room 2020 and it's room 3030, well, no one can really verify it. They rely on guests being correct too. Hopefully they are.

We've had king bed twice at GF (neither were accessible rooms) both in Conch Key (lagoon view). One on second floor and one on third.

EDIT: And I did post pictures of the view from the room both times on Touringplans but I couldn't tell you right now what the room numbers were. I probably should have recorded that because we loved the location and configuration of both. Maybe if I checked touringplans I'd recognize the photos. One was in the corner with two balconies - one on each side - and was huge.

Last edited:
Thanks we'll have to look into that :) We usually stay in deluxe but it would probably be a way cheaper option to get our bed
Yep. We switch to Mod quite often to get King beds confirmed. Mods are quite nice, especially POFQ. It's not really all that different than staying at GF if you ask me. I know to many that's blasphemy but honestly, Poly, GF are just a bunch of disconnected buildings, just like POFQ is. Sure, there's the monorail but you know what, I don't care for it. So it's not a bonus to me. Breaks down every single time I ride it. So yeah, I'll take a booked, confirmed King room at FQ over a toss up at GF or Poly. But, I know I'm in the minority.
The only resort I consistently get a King room when we request it, BWI. Not 100% but way higher than all others

It's not intentional, that much I know. They were given the room parameters by Disney. At one point or another they were correct. But, things change and updates aren't so quick to go out. Or make it on the site.
The main feature, where the room is, and for the most part, the booking category, is correct. So for that, it is very helpful. Just always take the bed configuration as written in pencil.
They are working to get the booking category updated. I noticed last night that WLs appear to be updated to include Nature View now, for instance.

ETA - the pics are often guest provided too. So if you stay in room 2020 at Poly, for instance, and send them a pic and tell them it was room 2020 at Poly, they believe you and pin it to that room. If it's not really room 2020 and it's room 3030, well, no one can really verify it. They rely on guests being correct too. Hopefully they are.
Thanks for the additional insight. Makes more sense now. :-)

Completely agree. I love TouringPlans and it is better than nothing. It's given me enough info to know where to request and the fax service is fantastic. We've had some great luck with it.

I know this was last year but wondered what happened with your request. We are staying in September and would like a king as well and wondered how it turned out.

I know this was last year but wondered what happened with your request. We are staying in September and would like a king as well and wondered how it turned out.
I did a request through TP and we got a King room. It was ground floor which we wanted and was in Saga Bay??? Not the building we wanted but we ended up loving it. In my request I prioritized what we wanted, with a King Room being first and ground floor being second. The TP room finder should have my comments. We were facing the marina

They are very hard to get, we had a party of 3, DS still slept with us and we were only staying 3 nights (post cruise) and we couldn’t snag one, even in the off season.
Just make several requests and cross your fingers that you’ll get pixie dust and have a king - enjoy your trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter